Chitty

by StopTheTears 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener
    Fisherman - Also, It is unfair to defame a man from accusations without first listening to his defense.

You have no idea how you belittle people by your comments sometimes. Remember you're talking to heaps of disfellowshipped/disassociated JWs here who are defamed by JWs without listening to their defense and unlike the ones mentioned here, I bet you they were willing to speak their defense if only they'd been given the courtesy of being asked.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Fisherman, the victim of Greenleas' sickening vile abuse is detailed on this very forum, he was a young Finnish kid whose parents were working at the HQ in the translation dept, he abused the young boy in his very own room in Bethel, there were more, there is a lot more about Chittys homosexuality that has not been made public, the sickening thing is the punishments they received with easy postings to the Canadian and UK branches where they lived their final years in relative comfort and died in good standing, truly hypercritical , could you imagine any lowly member of the Bethel HQ being treated similarly? IMO the Oracle Fred Franz was a closet homosexual and Knorr whose unhealthy obsession with sex made him a prime example of a closeted gay, for a time I'd imagine the Bethel HQ was a real homosexual enclave and reached endemic proportions.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

You have no idea how you belittle people by your comments sometimes

That is another subject matter and you also posted other subject matters. And we can discuss all of these discuss subject matters.

But what does that have to do with it being unfair to defame a man from accusations without first listening to his defense?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Also, It is unfair to defame a man from accusations without first listening to his defense."

How could anyone ask the guy anything for him to defend? WT moved him away...never to be heard from again. Remind you of any other religion?

The good ole...sweep the sh*t under the rug so no one can see. The JW way. "We wouldn't want to bring reproach on Jehovahs name." Translation : We wouldn't want anyone to hear about this, it could make us look bad.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    @Fisherman - the bible tells why men who claimed gods backing in the past were removed or punished... Moses, David, Saul, Solomon, etc. There were many more. Not only that but it was made public at the time... most knew about it. Whether you believe the bible or not, the WTS claims to follow it so why not some transparency? Oh I know... there waiting on god to do it... silly me.
  • steve2
    steve2

Fisherman, you need to have directed your very words to the organization for allowing, if not subtly encouraging all manner of vicious rumors to circulate about Ray and Cynthia Franz and Ed Dunlap and his wife.

Ordinarily though I'd agree with your sentiments. However, this is an organization that has seldom hesitated to ruin innocent people's reputations and then treated them as dead - all in the service of preserving its own "reputation".

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

How could anyone ask the guy anything for him to defend? WT moved him away.

And how does that subject matter have anything to do with it being unfair to defame a man from accusations without first listening to his defense?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm curious as to what good either Chitty or Greenless has ever accomplished?

Watchtower has covered up the actions of both (as it has with Rutherford having a mistress).

I believe there is enough credible smoke for Chitty and Greenless, but the actions of both should not be conflated. Chitty's actions made him a hypocrite, but the actions of Greenless were criminal.

Shuffling off Greenless to another location is akin to the Catholic church shuffling around its priests.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the reports about what kind of man Greenleas was if you forget about the dreadful smear that hung over him for a moment was that he was a awful piece of work,obnoxious, bad tempered,moody, rude, arrogant.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Fisherman...crawl back under your rock. You are a JW and that's where you belong. I won't feed trolls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit