Nearly complete JW literature collection for sale

by jukief 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jukief
    jukief

Diogenesister, I’ll take a look and see if I have those items. There are six or seven huge bookshelves with stacks and stacks on each shelf, so it’ll take me some time to see if I have specific things. If I can’t find a loose magazine, would you want the bound volume? He does have loose magazines, but I have no idea yet what years. I’m going to try to spend some time down in the basement this weekend. He probably has the 1927 Creation book, but I’ll have to see. Send me an email at [email protected], and we can talk offline.

I’m not familiar with Watchtower History. I haven’t really been involved in the community for many years. Alan is the one who knew everyone!

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

If anybody had a physical copy of the 1/1/1989 WT, I'd gladly pay a hundo for it.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Pierre1977 in what sense do you consider the 1963: New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures as revised? I am aware it has certain kinds of revisions but I am wondering if you consider it a revision of the 1961 NWT or if you are saying it is a revision of an earlier printing of the 1963 NWT. If there is a 1963 NWT which is a revision of an earlier 1963 NWT that is news to me. I have one 1963 NWT.

The 1963 NWT is a compilation of the 1951 revision of the NWT Greek Scriptures volume and the five 1950s - 1960 volumes of the Hebrew Scriptures of the NWT. In my copy of the 1963 NW I notice that there are some revisions to the text of the 1951-1960 volumes of the NWT regarding some dates in the "Table of the Books of the Bible" and that many maps and diagrams are excluded. But my impression is that the scripture text, cross references, and footnotes are the same as that of the 1951-1960 volumes.

Regarding the 1950 NWT Greek Scriptures volume there were at least two editions. For example the WT's book called What Has Religion Done For Mankind? (copyright 1951) says that its quotes from the "NW" are from the "New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures, 2d edition". It does not say it is from the 1951 revision. My 1951 revised NWT says "First Edition ... Second Edition ... Revised May 1, 1951" thus confirming there was a second edition of the 1950 NWT.

Furthermore, my edition from 1950 (which does not say it is a first edition, second edition, or 1951 revision) on page 786 has paragraphs mentioning manuscript evidence of the spurious portion of 1 John 5:7, 8" (but in my copy of the edition from 1950 page 700 does not have a footnote referring readers to page 786; also page 757 does not mention page 786). In contrast I have personally seen an edition (probably an original edition) from 1950 which did not have that section. A person on this site says he/she has that early edition (probably the first edition) and posted a picture onto this site as documentation.

I desire to sell my copy of the 1950 NWT Greek Scriptures volume since hardly any WT book quotes from any pre-1951 NWT, but I need to avoid using my real name and email address when transacting with anyone on this web site. I thus don't know how I could sell it to you.

The '1944: American Standard Version (Originally 1901, 1944 printing)', or at least reprints of it, came in both a regular size (with a red hard cover) and a pocket size (with a somewhat flexible blue cover and with the outside edges of the pages stained red). I have both of those those (I bought the latter used from a thrift store).

The 1961 NWT was also available in both regular size and pocket size .

Other than the 1950 book mentioned above I don't desire to sell any of the books I mentioned above, except for possibly the pocket size ASV.

It would be too much work for me to scan books, thus I don't intend to assist in that manner, though I hope you obtain scans from somewhere.

Diogenesister, what is special about the Nov '67 Watchtower magazine? Furthermore, do you mean the November 1st issue or the November 15th issue. I used to have the 1967 bound volume of the Watchtower before I sold it (but I have a WT library CD with WT magazines on it going back to 1950). What is special about the 1927 Creation book by Rutherford? I used own it before I sold it. I did notice it had some strange teachings in it. I still have a bound volume of the 1966 Awake! but I intend to keep it.

I would like to show portions of my WT books to JWs in order to persuade some of them to stop believing in many of the WT's claims, but I don't know who would be interested and I don't know how to do so in a way that won't get me officially removed as a JW (and thus shunned by my mom and sister). As result years ago I sold off a lot of old WT books I used to have, including all seven volumes of Studies in the Scriptures and nearly book authored by Rutherford (except that I have retained three books by Rutherford).
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Diogenesister, by Nov '67 Watchtower magazine do you mean the November 15, 1967 Watchtower magazine issue? That issue has an answer in the "Questions from Readers" which said that accepting an organ transplant into one's body is cannibalism.

• jukief
    jukief

Luckynedpepper, I’ll see if I can find that issue. There is SO MUCH to sort through. It could take a while!

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I would love to have a copy of the Holman Linear Parallel Edition Bible (with or without it being the edition with the WT's Berean helps). That is because it would be really convenient for study purposes to have the text of the KJV and RV arranged in that format instead of in the parallel column format.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit