Privacy commissioner orders North Okanagan Jehovah's Witnesses to hand over private records

by yalbmert99 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...AND THAT IS exactly why JW.ORG cannot say that they are protected by "the privacy of the confessional"; there is NO privacy! It is gossip over the back-yard fence.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Ya, that confidentiality is not very real.

I hope everything will go well for the ex-jw.

Here is a second link for that news:

https://www.bchumanist.ca/privacy_commissioner_jehovahs_witnesses

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

It's not over yet, but a win is a win.

'Still, Wilson was alive to the assertion that the groups of elders who meet to determine membership must be able to discuss matters in confidence and without fear of having their confidential discussions disclosed.

“The petitioners are concerned that if the elders’ confidential communications are disclosed, they may be further disseminated for the purposes of mocking either the petitioners or elders, causing unnecessary embarrassment,” Wilson said.

https://www.nsnews.com/highlights/bc-jehovahs-witnesses-must-hand-over-former-members-files-8079215

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

British Columbia

B.C. Jehovah's Witnesses lose court battle over disclosing records on 2 ex-members

Documents about break with the church must be turned over to privacy commissioner, judge says.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-jehovahs-witness-privacy-battle-1.7079252

My favorite quote :) "The Jehovah's Witnesses had also argued that if the documents were disclosed, they might be published more widely "for the purposes of mocking either the petitioners or elders, causing unnecessary embarrassment."

Might? lol!

LET THE MOCKING BEGIN!!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

“Stop using our own words to make us look bad!!!”

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The elders who meet with the individual do not share the confidential religious summary with other elders who are not authorized to be involved in the spiritual restorative discipline,"

That is utter B/s... In my experience the elders talk about it freely among themselves, if not the r&f . Then of course it is written and the Branch Office informed for their record. It is nothing like Catholic confession.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Always follow the $$$, the org. is probably quite rightly concerned that such records may leave them wide open to litigation form the victims of their harsh DF'ing policy.

What next ? numerous Appeals etc, and eventually a new Seminar from the Org. for Elders on how to hide what is discussed in a J.C. so that the "Representatives of Satan" ,i.e the Justice System, cannot ever find them.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My son's kangaroo court leaked. An elder (not on the committee) I thought was a friend knew all the details, including the assumptions (not facts) made by one elder.

• hoser
    hoser

Jws blab whatever they hear about alleged wrongdoing to other jws.

Their lives are so pathetic it’s really all they have.

• hoser
    hoser

Kudos to CBC for covering this story!

On the cbc website enter “Jehovah’s witnesses “ in the search bar.

Most every story that comes up is incriminating

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit