Today's Text - Do Not Be Afraid!

by Divergent 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Tuesday, November 29

Do not be afraid. I will help you.—Isa. 41:13.

Jehovah purposed that his people proclaim the good news on an unprecedented scale in our day, and nothing can prevent him from accomplishing that purpose. Just as he delivered the ancient nation of Israel from Babylon, Jehovah has rescued his present-day servants from “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion. (Rev. 18:1-4) He has taught us for our own good, has blessed us with peace, and has helped us to impart his teaching to others. (Isa. 48:16-18) This does not mean that Jehovah exercises his foresight so that he knows and then influences every development on earth in order to advance the Kingdom-preaching work. Some conditions have favored our witnessing activity, but only with Jehovah’s help have we been able to endure such situations as persecution and other hardships that make it difficult to carry out our commission in this world that is lying in Satan’s power.—1 John 5:19. w15 2/15 4:2

So today's text and comments tell JW's NOT to be afraid in carrying out the preaching work because Jehovah will help them!

Well, if that's the case, why don't we see JW's preaching in Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea, etc.??? What do they have to be afraid of - after all, Jehovah would be sure to help them, right? Furthermore, just as Jesus is described in the bible as taking the lead in preaching, shouldn't the Governing Body be imitating Jesus and doing the same, especially in countries which are the most hostile towards the activity of JW's?? ?

Since none of this is happening, I can only come to the conclusion that the JW way of life is a farce as they have failed to practice what they preach and lack faith in their god's ability to protect them. JW's say "Do not be afraid", but by their actions (or inaction) show that they are indeed AFRAID! ! !

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Good points! I overheard the text being discussed with my son tonight with his JW father. Thanks for the ammunition!

• Divergent
    Divergent

Thanks for the feedback, 4thgen. I hope your son will be able to see through all the bull**** he is taught with your help!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Today's Text - Do Not Be Afraid!

When Mother WatchTower..

SUCKS THE LIFE OUT OF YOU..

Image result for female vampire

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Let them try putting that into practice this coming May or June in Israel. Fires or no fires, rocket launches into Tel Aviv or none, let's see those at the top fly into Tel Aviv and land there on a Saturday morning. Then, let them try getting to Jerusalem, during the sabbath, and go work door to door in Mea Shearim. That is ultra-orthodox, and I wonder how many of those at the top would be willing to accept that mission themselves.

No takers? Then why are they expecting those at the bottom to do this?

• Divergent
    Divergent

That's why I say the governing body is NOT imitating Jesus who took the lead in preaching. They should be at the forefront of the preaching work instead of observing silently behind the scenes. They should be preaching in the hostile counties which I mentioned earlier - the more opposition they face, the MORE intense their efforts should be! If Jehovah is really with them, what do they have to be afraid of???

• sparky1
    sparky1

You are SO right, Divergent!!!! The current Governing Body (tm) loves to claim that the Apostle Paul was a member of the first century Governing Body(tm) and look what he went through:

"Are they ministers of Christ? I reply like a madman, I am more outstandingly one: in labors more plentifully, in prisons more plentifully, in blows to an excess, in near deaths often. By Jews I five times received forty strokes less one, three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I experienced shipwreck, a night and a day I have spent in the deep; in journeys often, in dangers from rivers, in dangers from highwaymen, in dangers from my own race, in dangers from the nations, in dangers in the city, in dangers in the wilderness, in dangers at sea, in dangers among false brothers, in labor and in toil, in sleepless nights often, in hunger and in thirst, in abstinence from food many times, in cold and nakedness." - 2 Corinthians 11:23-27 NWT Revised

I agree with Divergent. Get off your FAT, PRIVILEGED ASSES and go preach about your GOD Jehovah, that you claim to love so much, under the same type of circumstances as the Apostle Paul. You will NEVER do it because you are lying, hypocrites that love your life of power and prestige. Shame on you for being all talk and no action! Bullshit artists of the highest order. So much for really' taking the lead' in the so called preaching work.

• steve2
    steve2

C'mon people - be nice. I've seen some photoshopped pics of one or two of these well-fed guys out walking the streets with their JW companions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit