Disfellowhsipped for 7 years...

by HereIgo 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I remember around 2009, there was a scandal going on involving 2 families in my cong where the husband in one family was having an affair with the wife of the other family. This resulted in pregnancy and subsequent Disfellowshipping. What was interesting to me though was a comment made by a CO From the platform. His visit came maybe a few months after the scandal. He was giving a talk and mentioned the DF arrangement and said if you cheat on your spouse you will be DF for 7 years ( He might as well of called them out by name!) Although, I don't condone what they did, how is a man qualified to put a time limit on a person's repentance? How is he qualified to decide when someone is forgiven? After all, didn't Jehovah forgive David as soon as he confessed to killing Bathsheba's husband and committing adultery with her?

• Saename
    Saename

I guess it was somebody who really hates cheating. Bad experience from his past maybe?

But when you think about 7 years of being disfellowshipped... That's quite a lot. Don't get me wrong; I hate cheating myself as I highly value loyalty, but having no contact with family and friends for 7 years? That's a lot.

• Sliced
    Sliced

Bankruptcy chapter 13---- 7 years on your file.

Adultery chapter Watchtower----- 7 years of your life.

• skin
    skin

Same thing happened in my Cong more than 10 years ago now. Husband in one family was having an affair with the wife of the other family. Both marriages ended because of it, the husband and the other wife both go DFed That was also the end of their affair. The innocent other half's both left the WT for good. The husband that was DFed was reinstated only a few years later. Not 7 years.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

It depends upon a lot of factors:

- was he an elder?

- was he an influential elder?

- was it notorious?

- did he divorce and marry the adulteress?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    After all, didn't Jehovah forgive David as soon as he confessed to killing Bathsheba's husband and committing adultery with her?

True, but not before he'd made their innocent baby suffer and die as a punishment. Sadly, modern law prohibits Elders from imitating Jehovah’s righteous standards of justice. It is regrettable that the children of modern day adulterers in the congregations avoid the penalty they are due.

• SpunkedTeen
    SpunkedTeen

Maybe he has been affected by a partner cheating or he has become 'puffed up with pride' and thinks god approves of his reasoning.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sounds like a case that had to do with "collusion" -- a plan to put away a marriage mate and think they be reinstated and come come "back in" in just a short time. . . . WT really frowns on that. . . . . . Doc

• ssn587
    ssn587

Congregation I had went to in San Diego had two couples got divorced and married the others' respective partner all were DF and remarkably all reinstated six months later both couples in same congregation.

• Chook
    Chook

If this CO put up 7 years for a adulterous relationship imagine what he would say for apostasy 20 years minimum. Judical sentences in org all boil down to connections. It's always the same no matter what country or group , it's always WHO you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit