Do JW women expect LESS from their man than Non-jw women?

by pistolpete 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Non-jw women usually expect their man to have some type of social status. Whether it's Education, Money, Fame, etc.

These days, feminism also plays a role in a future, marriage. (The man is not the head, maybe the women is the head)

In the video below, these women are asked if they would marry or even date a man that makes 50k a year. The responses are interesting.

Quick Summary: According to Social Security data from 2019, the latest release, the median household income was $34,248.45, an increase over 2017 ($32,838.05).

Here’s the median income men earn in every age group, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the second quarter of 2019.

• 16 to 19 years: $507 weekly/$26,364 annually
    • 20 to 24 years: $615 weekly/$31,980 annually
    • 25 to 34 years: $893 weekly/$46,436 annually
    • 35 to 44 years: $1,133 weekly/$58,916 annually
    • 45 to 54 years: $1,153 weekly/$59,956 annually
    • 55 to 64 years: $1,158 weekly/$60,216 annually
    • 65 years and older: $1,039 weekly/$54,028 annually

But the comments are even more interesting because it shows what Non-jw men think of women like this.

With that in mind, do you feel the good thing about JW women is that they are not so much into material stuff and don't care to much about their future husbands having a Education, Money, and fame?

Do JW women make Better Wives?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY2md3u9h1Y

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

It may not be a priority for a JW woman to want education, money, and fame. There are other things. My ex was hardcore PIMI. She kept complaining and pressuring me to reach out for more "privileges." She wanted the status of having a MS or an elder as a husband. She would rise on a social level and I guess others would look up to her. Go figure? That why she is my ex. Now, she's a social outcast by being a measly divorced publisher. ;)

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

There are other things. My ex was hardcore PIMI. She kept complaining and pressuring me to reach out for more "privileges.

I didn't think of that.

Kind of confusing considering that Jesus said;

Matthew 8:20 “Foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”

"Jesus made the point that there is a cost to following Him. The scribe who said he wanted to follow Jesus wherever He went was not considering the lifestyle Jesus led.

Jesus was functionally homeless; He and His disciples stayed in the homes of those who would take them"

On the other hand the religious leaders did seek privileges of sorts.

• hoser
    hoser
    I have to say I really lucked out when I found my wife. Many women expect more from their man than he has the ability to give. They want him to be an elder( takes a lot of time), earn decent money(takes a lot of time) and complain that their man doesn’t spend enough time with them. There are only so many resources to go around. That’s why I’m glad I grabbed my woman before anyone else did. She is content, and doesn’t need social status in the congregation. That makes life a lot easier for the both of us.
  • asp59
    asp59

Think people in congregations this day's wants the same thing as non JWs. Status and money. Plus they also want to give the appearance they spiritual strong. It's a complicated balance act. No wonder most JWs are depressed.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ASP59:

I hate to rain on anybody’s parade but status in the JWs isn’t the same as status in the world.

That’s why I was always dumbfounded when people in the hall were seeking titles.🤣..Of course, I was not a born-in and this probably figures into why I felt this way. I was NEVER impressed because somebody was a ‘pioneer’ or whatever...It sounded so stupid to me but I kept this to myself.

• asp59
    asp59

Longhairgirl Agree up to middle of 90 s around there title pioneer was important. Don't think it's the case last 15 years or more. Back in the 80s half congregation could be pioneers. Does time's are long gone. Status of online elder or pioneer is not gonna be that appealing to many. They notion of making 'career' in the organization felt always weird to me. Plus it was false also. Go to bethel and stay there to new system comes. Just promises undelivered.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

What exjwlemming said.

Many JWs, just like many non-JWs, want prestige and status.

For JWs, it's mainly from being, or being married to, an [elder / CO / branch committee member / GB helper] etc.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    hoser You hit the jackpot👍
    asp59
    Think people in congregations this day's wants the same thing as non JWs. Status and money. Plus they also want to give the appearance they spiritual strong. It's a complicated balance act.

It's actually too much because of attending all the meetings, conventions, door to door service makes it very difficulty to pursue other things like education, a better job------OH WAIT!---there is no more Kingdom Hall meetings, no more Conventions, and no more door to door!

LongHairGal

That’s why I was always dumbfounded when people in the hall were seeking titles.

But-But---What about handling the Microphones----a brother has to qualify---and sisters just don't qualify

asp59

Status of online elder or pioneer😂😂😂

FFGhost

For JWs, it's mainly from being, or being married to, an [elder / CO.........GOVERNING BODY MEMBER

There's nothing Greater than RULING THE UNIVERSE

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes, most MUST settle for less because the poll of JW men is very limited. IF they are "spiritual", then they must be a MS &/or pioneer or even a Bethelite. Anything less and the woman (let's say "girl" because JW's don't wait to get married as fully adult "women") would be "weak" spiritually. A young couple would be criticized for worrying about a good paying job (let alone a "career") because THE END is sooooooo near and you can have all those things in the New World.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit