Display on Computer is Upside Down!

by compound complex 12 Replies latest forum tech-support

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Techies:

I'm teaching a class right now and my students' desktop computer is showing Microsoft Word upside down. We share documents between our two computers but cannot because of this crazy turn of events.

Any ideas?

THANKS!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Right click on desktop

Go to "screen resolution"

the fix should be in there

*oh. I just read your post again. Is it just Word that is upside down?

if it's just word...try this

1. Right-click the text box and choose Format Shape.
    2. Choose 3-D Rotation in the left pane.
    3. Change the X setting to 180.
    4. Click OK, and Word flips the text in the text box, producing a mirror image. You can create an upside-down mirror image by changing the Y setting to 180.
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, OC!

Will try that.

Edited to add -- all pages.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was talking to someone the other day this happened to. It was a computer virus that caused it. He couldn't fix it so he turned the monitor upside down. Sorry can't be more help.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks again, OC!

Had a little trouble understanding but learned that ctrl plus alt plus arrows would do it.

Very grateful for quick response! Now the kids are back to work on their essays.

Remember Lacey, OC -- the little girl with restaurant dreams? She's writing up another recipe now that helps use the thirty to thirty-five eggs she gathers daily on her farm. I just had four of her deviled eggs and had to stop myself from pigging out!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, SBF:

I read that someone's dog caused the problem by jumping on the keyboard. The student's hands running roughshod over the keys earlier may have done likewise.

I tried reading it upside down -- all instructions on all pages were upside down. Was getting vertigo.

• cofty
    cofty

It's a good trick if you want to really annoy somebody!

Is it just Word that is rotated?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ha! Somebody should write a web page to fix that problem - which is written upside down.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, cofty and SBF:

It was annoying! All pages were upside down. When trying to do a 180 degree fix, I was getting dizzy, all the pages of instructions being upside down. Then, one page on my own pc (not affected) I consulted said to simply do control / alt / four arrows.

Much appreciated, all!!!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Haha! I use to do that to some of my friends at work on April Fools Day. Sometimes I would turn it sideways, and I would walk in and they were trying to work at their computer with their head cocked sideways because they couldn't figure out how to fix it. Haha. It was all in good fun and the prank was always returned in full. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit