Quotes where Watchtower claims inspiration

by krismalone 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• krismalone
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

They can't have it both ways. Either the GB claims divine appointment and inspiration, or it doesn't. On their website, they say they aren't inspired like the ancient apostles nor are they infallible, so how inspired are they? And how many degrees of inspired are there? If Elisha can call down fire on fifty, can a GB member call down a summer day in the middle of July?

I'd think only two levels. They are or they ain't. But it seems that if they're right about something, they want to take credit for it and if they're wrong they want to chalk it up to human error.

• alanv
    alanv

I would say certainly in the first 90 years, they claimed divine inspiration, but since then, just say they have Jehovah's holy spirit directing them. By that they actually mean it is only they, that stick to the truth of the bible which came to us under inspiration of God's holy spirit. All nonsense of course, but that is the difference these days. They have repeatedly said that they are not inspired over the last fifty years or so.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If by their own words they are "neither inspired or infallible" in what they say, then why in the world would anybody pay any attention to whatever comes out of their mouths?

And what is more sadly those who put their life in their hands by refusing a potentially life saving blood transfusion ? because by their own admission they are neither inspired or infallible ?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    they claimed divine inspiration, but since then, just say they have Jehovah's holy spirit directing them.

But there is no difference, inspiring them or directing them leads to the same place if true...the point is if they are wrong then there is no direction.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent quotes. Thanks

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Marked

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

This is rich, coming from a leadership that has proved themselves fickle, dishonest, hypocritical, reckless, and above all "prone to human ERROR":

"At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah's Organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint -" Let me just interject here. If it's not from a human standpoint, then whose standpoint is it from? The heavens? I thought these guys don't get divine inspiration. "- All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear SOUND FROM A PRACTICAL AND STRATEGIC HUMAN STANDPOINT OR NOT." -WT, November 15, 2013.

This is pure Guyanese grooming.

• Ding
    Ding

They always want to have it both ways -- total control with no accountability.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said @wake me!

Great quote too. That classic will go down in history as one of the stupidest quotes they ever printed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit