Personal Testimony of Chris Stire

by Tower Man 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Guys,

I have a new testimony from an ex-JW on my site. It's a good one from Canada!

Hope you like.

Tower Man

http://www.towertotruth.net/testimonies/chris_stire.htm

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

Hi there,

thanks for that!! I really loved it! I'm so pathetic as a Christian, I question so much. I've read so much, but stories like that are so powerful, who couldn't be moved? I always cry when people say they accepted Jesus, esp. when they were in a cult such as JW. just somethin' about me I guess. Again, thanks.

luv

Myxomatosis

• arancia
    arancia

too many prophets,spoil the broth.Be onest with youself ,how many times do you have to be told?where is the truth? who is telling the truth?as far as a concerne,only God know.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Interesting, sorrowful story!

I am glad this man found help and survived.

I think all that matters is he is content within himself.

At least he believes in something.

Cathy

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes, it's a good testimony, and you do a great job with your site, Tower man.

However, why do so many people chose to become born again Christians ? There is only one group of people in the world on equal annoyance level with Jehovah's Witnesses; and they are Born Again C's.

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi Hamas,

Thanks for your compliment on my site. Is 'escape' your site? I heard of it but haven't looked at it in a while. I'll have to check it out again.

Your comment about Born Agains being as annoying as JWs made me laugh. Thanks for the comic relief. It really was legitimately funny to me. I guess, in a sense, you are right. BAs are annoying to the average 'leave me alone, I got my religion' type of people. Speaking for myself, I am probably annoying to some people too. BAs (assuming legitimacy, not phonies) want people to have a real relationship with God through His Son, Jesus. They (me) take the bible very seriously and believe with all their hearts that Jesus' claims to be the Messiah and the only way to salvation are true. We do not badger people to get off on it, or to earn brownie points with God, but because of a love for mankind that Jesus put in our hearts through the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. We also understand the eternal repercussions for those who choose 'not to choose' or those who deny Christ as Lord of their lives. As JWs are 'sure' that their way is "the truth", we too believe the same about our beliefs. Although, we are not required to share our faith with people, we do it for the above reasons. I'm sure there are some JWs too who would go door-to-door even if they weren't forced by the WT to do so. That's my Reader's Digest condensed answer. Thanks for the question!

Tower Man

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

TM,

Interesting story.

The Lord knows his sheep, and they come when he calls. try not to get too rapped up in finding God by listening to a preacher, keep doing your own search, and you will find more growth and faith.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Tower Man.

I'm glad that I didn't offend you with my comments about Born Again Christians. I still remember being an active JW and calling on some Born Againers in my territory; I always felt an urge to smack them as their smugness really got to me...lol. Maybe it was just the one that I remember, but I just can't help but think about Cliff Richard when I think of Born Again Christians !

Yes, www.escapethewatchtower.com is my site (nice advertising oppertunity thankyou). To be honest, I think I may have one or two articles that I have 'yoinked' from your website... wasn't it you that put that conversation between the Christian and the JW online? If so, I took it ! Thanks.

I am perfectly comfortable with the idea of people having a faith like Born Again. I have no problem with it whatsoever, I think that it is good that people do have a faith in their lives. My problems arise when firstly you say that you like to warn people against the repocussions of not knowing Jesus and believing in him; and also this preaching business. I read TIME MAGAZINE where it spoke of Christians going out into the Middle East preaching the message over there. To me, this is wrong. I think this because nobody really knows what truth is. You could quote a scripture to me; and I could quote a Sura to you, yet this doesn't prove anything. It's a huge Catch 22! I know you really believe you have the truth and Jesus is the way etc, but who among us can really say we have the truth ? Any sincere person could not state 100% yes.

Therefore, by preaching like this, you are just converting a person from one faith to the other; when the reality is nobody knows which one is true ! In my opinion, the true religion is the one that works for you; therefore preaching is not required. But I can't change anything and it shall always be the same, so if it helps you sleep at night and it gets you through your day, then you should do it, my friend !

Teaching about living eternally in hell doesn't help anybody, and only frightens people into believing your message. Yet it is the same with Islam; I was speaking with a Muslim girl, and I gave her a set of scenarios to consider. I asked her that if she had the chance to steal a million dollars when she knew that she would not get caught would she do it ? She said no ! She did not want to go to hell. A few moments later, she repeated the same statement. I thought 'bloody hell, she means it!'. It is sad that something nobody knows is true could play such a part in a persons life.

But everybody has their beliefs, which is fine; I respect that... all apart from JW's. Sometimes however, I am afraid that the luggage people carry is too much. I believe in God; but I think he's a laid back guy. He's been chilling out for the last seven thousand years ; I doubt he is going to stress out over me ! He knows i'm imperfect... just.

Keep up the good work on your website, my friend. With all our combined efforts, we can bring down this cult.

Peace to you.

• Mary
    Mary

Can you tell me where Chris Stire lived before he moved back to St. Thomas? I knew someone by that name and was wondering if it was the same person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit