Interesting comment regarding in person meeting attendance.

by joe134cd 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Interesting remark I overheard today. The physical attendance for the Sunday meeting, in my local area, was 10. I tried to find out those on zoom. I was told that the ZOOM attendees wasn’t mentioned. When I left almost a decade ago this congregation had about 120 publishers. There would be around 70-100 attendees for any given meeting. The KH had the capacity to fit way more than the 120 publishers. Now they are physically down to 10. I wonder how long it will be before this congregation is closed down and Kingdom Hall sold.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow that’s a big drop.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Looking at my local KH, the parking lot had about 25% of what it would have had 3 years ago. There is almost no youth going there. If Watchtower closes it, the next closest one is 18 miles away.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Great news Joe!

RB.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Too bad......Too baaaaad!!!!"

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

We have had a very zealous congregation, yet they have only been at 40-50% capacity in person since they opened up

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

What locale? Rural with long distances, unsafe city? Which country? 10 would be only the ones with parts if a midweek meeting. Is covid rampant or some other influence.

Some have speculated a streamlined meeting with a few actors putting on the show is the future.

• Riley
    Riley

My wife says are pushing about half of the pre pandemic highs. I think a lot of people are using the " safety " as an excuse to not attend in person. I think more than a few have made a run for it over the last two years.

Don't worry, the rest are faithfully watching at home on zoom.

• Ding
    Ding

The COVID fade: A lot of JWs discovered there are better things to do than field service and KH meeting attendance.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

From what I see from my parts from a congregation of 100, 60 are on zoom and the rest go to the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit