A conversation with my ultra dub relative

by joe134cd 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Here's a conversation I just had with my relative a few minutes ago I'll let you decide.

Relative : Would you like to read your grandfather the days txt (she passes joe the phone)

Joe : Sure.(Then proceed to read it to my grandfather and explain it).

After discussing the points joe says to relative.

Hey what's the story arnt they printing books any more.

Relative : No they arnt necessary any more.

Joe : Really why is that.

Relative : it's all on line.

Joe : Boy that a big change from what I remember. I gave a bible reading once where I read it from a computer print out, and i very clearly remember been counsel from the Plat form not to do it.

Relative : no its never been like that.

Joe : Well it was Bro XYZ who gave me the counsel and it was from the Plat form, and i remember it quite clearly.

Relative : Well it's never been like that, and I'm sure Brother XYZ was only giving his personal opinion. I remember giving my father computer print outs of the scriptures when he gave talks.

Joe : yeah but he was in his 80s and had poor eye sight. But that's interesting. Thanks for explaining it.

And there you have it folks.

• Listener
    Listener

You're deluded and it was just a one off, personal experience that you had.

You're relative was basically calling you a liar.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I was called out from the platform during the WT study for reading from and commenting based on a printout of scriptural references. I did this from the WT Library CD ROM just over 5 years ago. What does a lowly "sister" know anyway.Grrrr!

• sparky1
    sparky1

NORMAL HUMAN BRAIN

BRAIN OF A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS AFTER YEARS OF INDOCTRINATION.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Google "Gaslighting". JWs often practice a form of gaslighting when confronted with inconvenient truths of their past - especially the 1975 fiasco.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Well it's never been like that,

I think that attitude is the real cancer in religious organizations. All of them.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember an official announcement saying we were not to read from tablets. The talk then went on about how the word of God is our sword and the bible should be in your hands and we don't want to get out of practice using the actual book or not able to find where the passages are in the bible.

Then a year later it was personal choice.

Now it's considered odd if you don't use a tablet. I mean, "come on brother, don't you know that book/magazine you're using cost Bethel money to print and ship?!!"

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I wish I could laugh

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

Watchtower April 15, 2013, page 13

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20130415/help-others-using-gods-word/

Paragraph 6: How could we use the Bible to a fuller extent in our teaching? If you have the privilege of teaching the congregation from the platform, use specific Bible references. Rather than paraphrasing key scriptures or reading them from a computer printout or an electronic device, open the Bible and read from it, and encourage the audience to do the same. Also, take time to apply the verses in a way that helps the audience draw closer to Jehovah. Instead of using complicated illustrations and experiences that merely entertain, use the time to expound on God’s Word.

(yes, italics by Governing Body, not me)

Our Kingdom Ministry September 2009, page 2

Page Scan

Paragraph 3: Make it a practice to open your Bible and follow along during congregation meetings. When engaging in personal study and in preparation for congregation meetings, look up the cited Scriptural texts and meditate on their application. Many find that reading Bible texts directly from the Bible rather than from a computer monitor or printout makes it easier to locate them later when needed in the ministry.—John 14:26.

Our Kingdom Ministry September 2000, page 3 Question Box

Page scan

Paragraph 4: When the speaker reads selected scriptures, he does so directly from the Bible, not from a computer-generated printout.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Joe : Boy that a big change from what I remember. I gave a bible reading once where I read it from a computer print out, and i very clearly remember been counsel from the Plat form not to do it.

Image result for jw.org broadcasting

Starring..

Sponge Bob "Square Pants"....And..

Stephen "I Can`t Remember To Wear Pants" Lett ..

.....................................................................*CRAP!!..I Forgot My Pants Again!*

Image result for that never happened..Image result for jw.org broadcasting stephen lett

• Zoos
    Zoos

LOL @ Sparky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit