GB Members: What's the Story?

by Cold Steel 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

back in the 60's--Peter Ellis was a circuit servant--and sometimes stayed at my wifes parents house in the Birmingham UK area.

in recent years--since i joined this site--i found out from another member on here---that Wilf Gooch used to holiday at friends house here where i now live--on the Isle of Wight UK.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Lostandfound, your first hand experiences are always a welcome read, keep them coming
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Some interesting comments here, but I'm surprised they're so impersonal. If a person is working at Bethel and are seeing these GB members all the time or are hearing stories about them, I'd think they would be either very positive or very negative. I'd never heard of Ray Franz being DF'ed for merely having a meal with another DF'ed member (I'd heard he had a friendship with someone, but wasn't he first warned before he was canned?).

Is there a senior member of the GB who sits above the rest -- like the apostle Peter? Or is it all up to a vote?

What would be the effect, hypothetically speaking, if one of the more well known GB members announced that he'd had a vision or visitation from On High? Would he tend to be believed our would he be dismissed?

I'd really like to know how these guys see themselves. Are they confident in their callings? Do they enthusiastically buy into their own story? Do they see the WTBTS as God's crowning work in the last days and view themselves as part of it? And do the people at Bethel feel honored to be working shoulder-to-shoulder with the Lord's specially anointed, or is their attitude more like "Yeah, right!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Cold Steel - "Are they confident in their callings? Do they enthusiastically buy into their own story?"

I've come to the conclusion that they know it's wrong, but believe it's "true" at the same time.

That was not a joke.

Cold Steel - "...do the people at Bethel feel honored to be working shoulder-to-shoulder with the Lord's specially anointed, or is their attitude more like "Yeah, right!"

When they start out there, it's the former.

After the first year or so, (more often than not) it's the latter.

That was not a joke, either.

• stillin
    stillin

Look at them yoyo's

that's the way ya do it!

Money for nothing

and your checks for free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit