ARC Redress Scheme

by smiddy3 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hey smiddy3,

I've had a quick flick over the list and some of the foreign language congs no longer exist and have been absorbed into neighboring congs as a foreign language group.

For example the Maltese, Yugoslav in Melbourne no longer exist, I believe the same is true of Filipino and Greek as far as I'm aware. There may well be others also.

Hence the number discrepancy.

I just wonder if the local elders signed up as an individual charity or the watchtower in Australia just signed them all up??

jtg

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot
    jonahstourguide

I just wonder if the local elders signed up as an individual charity or the watchtower in Australia just signed them all up??

I wonder how they feel about having a target on their backs.

RB.

• sheol-do
    sheol-do

My husband said that all COBE's and Secretaries received a 'secret' letter and along with the Service Overseer they were to sign it and return it.

It was specifically stated there was no need to involve the body in this.

It signed over the congregation's responsibility as a charity (and for any CSA claims) to the branch and also confirmed that the Service Committee would support any claim or request for evidence etc...

Was beginning of the end for my husband. Very reluctant to sign anything that specific and he also privately heard from others with that concern too. If it's not wrong, why so secretive even from other elders...?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome to this site sheol-do ,you make a good point .,,,,, If it's not wrong, why so secretive even from other elders...?

smiddy3

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hey folks.

What interests me is that if this secret letter was sent, how could the Maltese congregation in Melbourne's west have signed it as they were disbanded at around 2012?

Given that they only recently agreed to sign up under duress.

I need to get on to my 'deep throat' see what he can tell me.

• sheol-do
    sheol-do

Perhaps they forgot to deregister the abn/charity as I doubt the branch would do it. or maybe a historic case there?

Is it still listed on the ACNC register - can be searched.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit