Trump/Biden Debate

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Biden brought back the use of the word "malarky"

Honestly, could he have used any other word to look more like a rusty old codger?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Two old guys who are both way passed their “USE BY” dates.

I seriously can’t believe that—in a country of 330 million citizens—these are our choices!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's interesting that the left wing is mostly disappointed in Joe Biden for being too old and dotering, it was on full display last night. All the left-wingers also ignored all the substance though, he pretended to be a politician and in a single sentence was able to contradict himself not once but at least 3 times:

- When Trump said "NY did worse than anyone with COVID (fact check: true), Biden said "I don't believe in red states or blue states ... but red states did worse with COVID"

- When Trump said "you'll stop fracking", Biden said "I never said that, I never said I'll ban fracking in the US, I did say I'll ban fracking on federal land"

- When Trump said "you'll end the oil industry", Biden said "I never said I want to end the oil industry, however I am going to do this, I am going to end the oil industry by 2030"

- When Trump said "Hunter biden went and picked up bags of cash from China and Russia", Biden said "Me and my family never profited from my position, we never got 1 cent from foreign sources. What Hunter did in, what are we talking about, China, nothing was unethical".

• Incognito
    Incognito

What helped this debate immensely is each candidate was given opportunity to rebutt statements made by the other. During the 1st debate, there was no opportunity for rebuttal offered so the only method to clarify inaccurate and misleading statements made by the other was to immediately correct or clarify a statement directly when the other uttered it.

Joe Biden is often carefully selective with his wording.

He denies receiving money from China, Russia, Bursma etc, which may be technically true. Because Hunter was provided funds on behalf of the "Big Guy" which has now been confirmed is referring to Joe, Joe 'technically', received the funds from Hunter, likely as a gift.

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

I seriously can’t believe that—in a country of 330 million citizens—these are our choice!

My sentiments as well

• Simon
    Simon
    What helped this debate immensely is each candidate was given opportunity to rebutt statements made by the other

The moderator frequently gave Biden chances to rebutt that she didn't give Trump, but conversely, when Biden was asked to answer, she interrupted and prevented him having to respond. She was much better at not showing blatant bias than the other moderator was, but she was still very biased.

The commission for presidential debates are partisan and have done a piss-poor job - they really should be replaced by something else. I think citizen-interviewers are the way forward and whether a candidate is willing to show up or not is something they should be judged on. MSM are so far past their sell-by date they just all look like bad-actors now.

Joe Biden is often carefully selective with his wording.

Yeah, he's been to the Clinton school of honesty. Everything he says is deliberately worded to be technically "true" but not how most people would interpret things.

"I never got paid by" ... the money want through his son

"I never got a cent" ... it was $$$ millions!

"I never said" ... those exact words in that exact order

• Incognito
    Incognito

The Commission needs to be abolished. I think candidates should decide for themselves which issues are to be discussed or allow voters to choose the topics.

Simon, I agree with your assessment but also think the moderator last evening was actually fairer to Trump than she would have normally been or was expected to be.

I suspect this may have been due to Trump mentioning her by name as worse than 60 Minutes Lesley Stahl with who he abruptly terminated an interview with earlier this week due to the manner in which he was being treated.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yeah, he's been to the Clinton school of honesty.

that depends on what your definition of 'is' is" - clintshrug2 | Meme  Generator

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I thought Sleepy Joe actually looked a little sleepy towards the end of the debate. Seems he was watching the clock wishing it over. I guess Adderall only works for so long.

I think Trump actually acted "presidential". See there! He can do it if he wants to!

The Biden camp seems to still be blaming the Russians for everything. Russian "misinformation" about the Biden "vacuum sweeper" sucking in all the cash they can.

• Simon
    Simon

He was watching his iWatch, but not for the time, for messages of what he had to say ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit