That Most Uneven of Judicial Procedures~The Gradual Lifting of Restriction After Reinstatement

by TMS 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No commenting and no talks but

you can door to door and represent yourself as a JW.....Blondie

Can I Interest You In a WatchTower Magazine?..

Would You Like To Become a JW??!!..

Image result for businessMan in garbage can

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OPUSDEI1972:

I agree that the Witness religion is a religion of humiliation. I always got this sense. There is a sadistic mentality behind it all.

Even if you don't "sin", they are seeking to "humiliate" or "abase" you if you are educated or have a good job, especially if you are a woman. You could just be minding your business but somebody is "bothered" about you. It's a sick twisted mishmash of envy and covetousness combined with sadism to knock you down a few pegs and destroy you and/or turn you into Mother Teresa. Needless to say, they got nowhere with me. I saw all their moves.

I cannot imagine somebody who is "out" wanting to come back and submit themselves to this and become a masochist. Might as well start whipping yourself like the monk in that movie!

You are also right about not telling elders things of a sexual nature. I don't know this firsthand as I was never in a judicial committee, but have heard it from others! The whole religion is a crock of shit.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    LongHairGal: Yes, I also agree with you, fortunately, I am no longer in that stupid religion.
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I had weird personal experience.

I was privately reproved and lost all "privileges". My book study conductor was on my judicial committee. Shortly after losing my privileges he called me up and told me I was to be the reader at the next book study.

I was raised in a uber-dub, dad was an elder and anointed, family. I was a MS for 6 years prior to all this. I was shocked and confused.

I found out later that all the elders on my judicial committee were relatively new to the organization ans were clueless as to all the secret rules and regulations regarding organization disciplinary procedures.

• TMS
    TMS

A couple personal notes:

Quite a few years ago, I encouraged a young married sister to consider pioneering for the month. With a look of astonishment, she replied: "Bro. ______, you know I'm on restrictions. I felt so badly as I'd been on that judicial committee and we'd simply forgotten to remove her restrictions and, several years later, she still had them hanging over her. I did apologize profusely. She did pioneer that month, but our conduct as so-called shepherds was inexcusable.

Back in 1995, my son, then recently reinstated was invited, along with his band, to play at a JW get-together. One of the young brothers in his band got, somewhat of a suckup, but also on restrictions, thought it might be prudent to ask one of the elders for his "permission" to play. The elder's response: "You guys have more important things to worry about then playing music." In retrospect, that might have been a good thing. Somewhat sardonically, my son had the guys practicing the John Lee Hooker tune "Serves Me Right to Suffer."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would look at it differently if you know it's not the truth.

Reinstated with restrictions- no public prayers, talks, comments, no assigned responsibilities at the Kingdom Hall.

YOU ARE GOLDEN! ENJOY THE BREAK! I would never attempt to get "privileges" back.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Elders themselves with a "secret sin" they've been hiding for several years, may even avoid judicial action altogether if its determined that their life shows evidence of "Jehovah's blessing" in the intervening years of concealing the sin. Their theocratic appointment and privileges are considered part of that evidence

Yes, I commented about this little provision on a different thread yesterday, I probably didn't put it as succinctly, I used drugs and hookers to get my point across, your language sounded more like it would straight out of that filthy little book (elders cult instructions manual WT edition).

I would say congregation privileges are used as punishment and reward by dick elders in every congregation in the world. Myriads of elders get off on having control over these pathetic little assignments they call privileges . How small minded can you get?

Sisters should also be able to have some congregation privileges, I think my wife has skills to handle a microphone wonderfully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit