Cheeky Chatter

by Free2Bme 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

I was just kinda curious about something...
    I've seen a few chatrooms hosted by JW's inviting interested persons to ask questions (as long as they are not too probing or you detect a distinct rise in blood pressure but thats another subject) and I just wondered if these hammer-wielding witnesses count their time and put it in their monthly report.
    Maybe they keep a record of curious guests and count each time they pop in for a chat as a return visit.
    In these modern times is there a section on the report sheet for Internet Interest or Cyberspace Studies?
    Could a e-mailing of an article count as a placement?
    Oh when I think of those hours I spent pioneering in the cold and wet knocking on doors with housewives crouching behind the sofa with their hands over kids mouths...
    Can you imagine futuristic talks on the platform in the ministry school with instructions on effective arguments to use on PC-holders with a couple of zealous elderly sisters huddled over lap top computers with techno-terror on their faces?
    Oops sorry starting to get carried away there but the possibilities are endless!

ps didn't you just detest the end of month ritual and wish you could stick a few extra hours/rv/books/mags/bible studies on? Even worse the inevitable dodging of the elder collecting reports because a)you had forgot sort-of to put it in or b) it was so bad you were in line for a bit of a ticking off or c) worst of all you had -omigod- nothing whatsoever to report and you were getting the slow shaking of the head and get-ready-for-a-shepherding-call look as he got you cornered in the foyer just beating a retreat...

aaah you have to laugh..

Free

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Now that you mention it, I had forgotten how much I dreaded filling out that stupid report.

By the end, I put the exact same thing on my report each month: 2 hours, 2 magazines. I remember seeing my yearly report and laughing because I had done this for an entire year straight.

Funny, noone ever questioned me about it though.

Slipnslideius Masterus: ... Strength and Honor ...

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

I bet Fred and You Know (Nothing) are counting their time as they slop around in here with us aposties. Another reason I will not engage either one in convo.

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

• LDH
    LDH

Free,

ha ha you are right about people hiding and putting their hands over kids mouths.

The funniest part is, after all those years of knocking on someone's door uninvited (an unwlecome) if someone comes to my door, I go right to it, look out the window directly at them and thell them to leave.

ha ha ha, they must mark me as NI

• Francois
    Francois

How 'bout having an elder, or ms coming to your home to "adjust your thinking?"

Here come two grinnin' idiots who barely graduated high school coming to your house to adjust something other than the pilot light on your water heater. What a hoooooot!!

Francoise

• outnfree
    outnfree

I had "cyber studies" with my cousin online and was told by the congregation secretary that these could be counted as time.

outnfree

• Francois
    Francois

Wonder if we could find an online study and "help" them?

• sf
    sf

BwahhhhhhhROFLOL: "Here come two grinnin' idiots who barely graduated high school coming to your house to adjust something other than the pilot light on your water heater. What a hoooooot!!"

BWAHHHHHHHHROFLOLOLOLOLbwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cant stop with this one lololololololol

Scally

• Francois
    Francois

Scally: So glad you appreciated my humble attempt at humor!!

• sf
    sf

Ah, but it goes way beyond appreciation when the humor is blunt and precise. That's when you get the biggest bwahhhhhhroflolol out of me.

Laughter, hard, gut laughter, intoxicates me. I get a severe adrenaline rush after a huge burst. Ask VENICE!! Bwahhhhhhhh!!

Scally (laughter and music are the two most intoxicating FREEdoms I indulge in daily )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit