Is It Really All That Surprising that Kevin Didn't Go Into the Bunker?

by Wild_Thing 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Just look at his history!

w00 8/15 pp. 8-11 - The Watchtower—2000: "Kevin needed an additional $900, so he decided to sell his 16 two-year-old pigeons." I am sure it was for a drug addiction.

g 7/10 pp. 10-13 - Awake!—2010: "Kevin, 20, says: “Once you get out on your own, there are a lot of surprise expenses." Well ... I guess that explains the pigeons.

ws16 October pp. 9-14 - The Watchtower (Simplified)—2016: "Kevin is the father of two girls who are five and eight years old." Probably from two different mamas.

ws16 May pp. 21-26 - The Watchtower (Simplified)—2016: "Kevin gambled, smoked, drank too much, and took drugs." Before we judge, he WAS being harassed about going into a bunker all the time. I would have to self medicate, too.

w16 May pp. 18-22 - The Watchtower (Study)—2016: "In order to have God’s approval, Kevin would have to give up these unscriptural practices." Hmmm ... I don't think they ever planned on letting him into that bunker!

• jeanniebeanzz
    • hoser
      hoser

Did Andre make it into the bunker?

• Wild_Thing
      Wild_Thing

I don't think so. I think he was the one that introduced Kevin to gambling, smoking, drinking too much, and taking drugs. They both have quite the history!

Have you ever noticed how the examples in their literature never have just one vice? They usually have all of them!

And the way they word the forbidden acts: no this, no that, and no drinking ... too much.

• Pete Zahut
      Pete Zahut
      Perhaps it's for the best that he didn't join the others in the bunker since

1 Cor 5:6 says " Do you not know, a little Kevin ferments the whole lump?"

• pale.emperor
      pale.emperor

Are we talking about the black boy that wanted to be a runner but gave it all up so he could go door knocking?

• Wild_Thing
      Wild_Thing

Go to wol.jw.org and do a search for Andre. He is one popular guy! It is a name that the Borg has used so much in their examples ... err ... "true life experiences", that it has become a joke!

• Funchback
      Funchback

Wild_Thing:

Classic!

• pale.emperor
      pale.emperor

Go to wol.jw.org and do a search for Andre. He is one popular guy! It is a name that the Borg has used so much in their examples ... err ... "true life experiences", that it has become a joke!

hahahaha!!

Andre was almost killed by a bomb that took the lives of several of his friends.

-

At that time, I was living with some relatives, including a distant younger relative named Andre, who was studying the Bible with Jehovah’s Witnesses. Still, I was curious about the Bible and occasionally read the copy Andre kept in his bedroom.

-

Andre—The more time you spend with a girl, the easier it is for feelings to grow and the more that person will think you’re interested in a romantic friendship.

-

“All I wanted was to get my mail,” explained Andre. “But to realize later that innocent people, a number of whom I knew, were blown to pieces was a great shock.

-

How was Andre pressured to excel in athletics?

• truth_b_known
      truth_b_known

Goes into JW Bunker - Still gets caught.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit