too avenge ..?

by zeb 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I believe the old adage that ‘living well is the best revenge’. People observe things even if you don’t think they do..This applies also in the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

I’ve been out of the religion almost 20 years. The time flew rapidly and I got on with my life and am now retired. I might see one Witness friend from time to time and I don’t know what kind of tales, if any, are carried back. They have never called on me and I guess they forgot me which is good.

From what I have learned on the forum and elsewhere, the religion has changed for the worse.

They are more controlling; many have left; the faithful elderly are passing away; there are public scandals and lawsuits; they are selling off halls; and they are left with many needy and dysfunctional.. Even though I am no ‘activist’ and not actively vengeful, I feel this outcome serves them right. No pity and glad I’m out.

• LV101
    LV101

Yep - I didn't realize "Living Well is the Best Revenge" has been around since 1593 -- it's an old Spanish proverb used by a George Herbert, English clergyman/poet. I've had a set of bar glasses since 70's with the inscription - so cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit