legal action to Baptism of minor annulled?

by cyberjesus 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Minors are not allowed legally to have sex, vote, drink, join the military or drive, because it is well established that they do not have the maturity to make responsible decisions at that age.

17 days before a minor's 18th birthday, he does not qualify.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Sometimes yes.

I want to qualify my post. I am not saying that I agree that a child or minor SHOULD qualify for JW baptism in-spite of their age. All that I am saying is that according to JW, sometimes JW determine that minors do qualify, very much the same as some minors can qualify to go to prison or get expelled from school, or face consequences for their conduct similar to adults.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.sometimes JW determine that minors do qualify very much the same as some minors can qualify to go to prison or get expelled from school, or face consequences similar to adults for their conduct.....Fisherman

.................................Image result for Watchtower Logo

......................Image result for holy Prison Logo

Image result for children in prison..Image result for jehovahs witness children baptized

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

minors can go to jail too. If a person decides that he no longer wants to be a JW, he can leave, but in the JW community that it is a sad and disgraceful thing. If anyone young or old thinks that he can un-JW himself without any consequences, he has to be kidding. AKA un-ring the bell or annul a marriage after 6 pregnancies,or be a virgin again after intercourse.

All of this is absolute total bullshit.

First-off, in most advanced lands, there are NO minors in jail.

However, more importantly, minors who have committed a crime have bloody well committed.a crime.

Children who were born into a cult HAVE DONE NO WRONG.

You are arguing that they should have been born under a different circumstance.

This is 2015, not whatever backwater year that you think that children should be arguing as to where or when they should have been born.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Don't feed the troll. That's what Fisherman is.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    if the wt refuses can this be taken to court?

Brass tacks with baptism is that in common law countries it's seen in the same way as joining your local swimming club or golf club. The courts can be asked to make a ruling if the rules of the club aren't followed, but, providing there's nothing illegal going on, then it won't interfere with the application of those rules.

In terms of consent, it's not only the minor expressing consent but also the parental consent too. You can't undo what's been done really, unless it's part of the rules of the club. It's not seen in the same way as a business contract. It's a consensual relationship which ends when it ends. They can't take you to court for not following your baptism vow, you can't take them to court for saying it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

When you are 10 years old, contrary to what the WT teaches, you are not old enough to make life-long commitments, you cant decide to join a religion, a political party you cant legally in many places sign a contract. You need your parents or legal guardians to do it for you or on your behalf.

That is because you can be easily deceived or misguided into taking a wrong decision. That is also why when a under age person breaks the law there are held responsible to a different rules.

If you are not old enough to make that kind of decisions then if you were to join a cult that would prevent you from enjoying your family ties if you change your mind you should as a minor have the ability to claim that you were misled or too young to make such a decision.

Letting a child that age take such a big decision is child abuse because the child doesnt' really know the extent of the consequences that joining a mind control cult can lead to.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    What would I the purpose or objective of the annulment be? What would it accomplish?
    Would the mother suddenly say "oh, I don't need to listen to the WTS anymore!" ... she was already shunning her son at their say so.

Interesting enough the dubs do go but labels. if you are marked it doesnt matter if the label is right or not they will go by the label

Let me give you an example. I was DFd 20 years ago but have always been respectful, loving and kind with my family but that doesnt matter. Everybody avoids me. My uncle, on the other hand divorced his wife. live with his GF and committed many "sins" however he just faded so although all the family members know this they still talk to him because he is legally in. Although he hasnt been in a Kindumb Hall in 30 years...

Why? because of a label. So I believe that an annulment would change the way parents and family members behave towards a child who wasnt legally old enough to take that decision.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    But some lawyers would be a bit richer and the kid would be a bit poorer and still shunned.
    Why would the faithful respect the court over their own "authority"?

Because the court would force the WT to annul the baptism therefore the kid was never a JW.

My questions is can the court make the WT annul such a contract on the basis of not being capable of taking such decision?

In the US if a minor enters into a contract. the contract is not enforceable

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    The courts can be asked to make a ruling if the rules of the club aren't followed, but, providing there's nothing illegal going on, then it won't interfere with the application of those rules.

Not being able to talk to your parents is a form of mental abuse, there are legal issues there

In terms of consent, it's not only the minor expressing consent but also the parental consent too.

Parents consent is not necessary for baptism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit