Are JW's Sins Forgiven? NO - (Says the Watchtower)

by Sea Breeze 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

It takes ALL kinds....

• asp59
    asp59

The 144000 are not priest or Kings yet. And who full filled requirement for slave class is not yet clear. Maeby no group has fullfilled requirement. It's gonna happend under the GT, the decision. They gonna go to heaven. But if the 144000 as group can Rule in heaven is not something guaranteed.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Whoop-whoop!

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Are church-goers forgiven?

• EverApostate
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EVER APOSTATE:

Very good ad!..That’s really about the size of it..At least most of us on the forum have woken up to this.

I guess I sound like the agnostic that I am. For one thing, I have a low opinion of religion in general after my experience.

Mankind’s ‘sin’ (whether Original sin or other sins) is Big business for religions. Many unscrupulous or lazy types who want an easy life without having to work at a regular job like the rest of the population have found a niche…It’s easy.. All that’s needed is for them to convince the superstitious/gullible masses they need them to be ‘saved’.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Very Good, LHG!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

DT

Every Christian is saved: justified, sanctified and will be glorified. There is no such thing in scripture, as a Christian who has not been born again, is not an adopted son of God or bereft of the indwelling Holy Spirit. And these benefits are all gifts of His grace by faith in Christ Jesus.

Can you show me a single scripture to the contrary?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Didn't Christ himself say that "He who endured to the end is the one that WILL BE saved?

Saved from what? Read the context.

Doubting Thomas, are you suggesting that our Salvation is dependent on our personal ability to endure and not the new covenant "for the forgiveness of sins".

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    "The ...other sheep..are...not even justified." WT 1938 pages 104-105

I really honestly don't care one or the other, but....

That seems like a lot of heavy lifting from all those sets of ellipses.

Not to mention that any JW would laugh in your face if you tried to prove a point by quoting an 84 year old Watchtower article. "New light" and all that.

(Yes I know you'll argue that it has not been superseded but still....an 84 year old article? C'mon. JWs would respond by trotting out a couple dozen more recent WT articles explaining how their sins are forgiven)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit