2021-Powerful By Faith-Talk Transcripts!

by Atlantis 16 Replies latest jw friends

• psyco
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

psyco:

Thank you!

Atlantis!

• Davros
    Davros

Atlantis. Thank you for uploading this. It is really appreciated.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Davros:

You are very welcome!

Atlantis!

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

What is(are) the file format(s) of the transcripts? I am hesitant to start a download of them without knowing that.

My mom said a major announcement was made on the last day of the convention, near the end of the convention. What announcement was that?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

The formats are safe as houses. I don't even use anti virus software. Never had a problem with the

'Lostcity' crews work. Atlantis,Petra et al.

That armageddon will come soon in the near future during the reign of the anglo-american world power!?

I've been hearing that crap for sixty five years.

I will check to see if anything else of interest (not) is there. My PIMO friends usually keep me updated.

jtg

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

One can watch the official videos of apparently the entire convention at https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/categories/JWB2021Convention . I admit that I find the videos to be very impressive - far more interesting than my experiences in the 1990s attending WT/JW conventions. If such had been produced back in the 1990s and if the current minimalist requirements for field service time existed back then and if one could have listened to Kingdom Hall meetings at home back then, then I might would have continued in the WT religion for years more than I did. The JWs today have it so easy (and with far fewer pages of the WT and AW to read per year) and in a format that is more captivating. In watching one video (which might not have been a convention video) with one governing body member speaking, I became halfway persuaded by what he was saying. It actually seemed logical, if one accepts certain presuppositions - wow! [It is located at https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb-080_7_VIDEO .] If it wasn't what I have already learned I might would been fully convinced by what he said - scary.

Interestingly in one of the convention videos a theological/scholarly book (with photos of pages of the Greek Septuagint containing the name YHWH) is shown being pulled out of a bookcase in which the books to the right and left of it are Rutherford's books. I wonder why did they did that? Are they implying that Rutherford's books are of equal caliber to the other book? Do they think that JWs won't recognize the other books as being by Rutherford? Perhaps some of the people seeing the video will be interested in reading Rutherford's books. Also in the video (in a different scene), there is what appears to be a re-enactment of the work of creating the 1950-1960 NWT in the late 1940s and in that scene there is a opened thick green covered book which seems to be the 1963 compilation (Students Edition) of the 6 volumes of the NWT. If so, that is anachronistic to have a book edition from 1963 in a scene set in the late 1940s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit