About "encouragement for new members"

by freein89 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freein89
    freein89

I agree with Beryl and the poster who said he likes ambivilence. Here is why. I honestly do not know anymore AND I think that belief in Christianity is too narrow. I do not think Christianity is bad or wrong, just that it closes the door to many other possibilites. I can't help but think there is more than we see in the universe and I don't ever want to be penned in by a narrow belief system again. I want to truly "search all things." That means ALL things. Tell me what you think.

Deb

• cowhand
    cowhand

Freein89

With you all the way on that.

I too am at the point where not knowing is OK. It may not last but it'll do for now.

• logansrun
    logansrun
    I do not think Christianity is bad or wrong, just that it closes the door to many other possibilites.

So how is that not at best, wrong, at worst, bad?

Bradley

• logansrun
    logansrun

While we're at it, what do you say we all refrain from using the word "encouragement" in any of our title threads. That word gives me the creeps, ala my dub past.

B

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Arun Ghandi (M. Ghandi's grandson) said an interesting piece that relates to this, to paraphrase....."'Having truth' and seeking truth are very different, 'Having truth' is a reflection of a closed mind."

• little witch
    little witch

PeacefulPete,

I good bit of wisdom passed on, in words better than I could have given!

Yes, take your time, learn everyday, grow everyday, to do less is to die a little everyday...Dee

• cat1759
    cat1759

I agree with you freein89.

Some people who come out need a structured lifestyle. They need something to hold onto.

So for them to have another religion is fine because it fits their reality.

Meanwhile to be ambivalent, you are welcoming the truth in whatever light it comes through that door.

The possiblities are endless.

If we keep searching it means we have not given up.

Cathy

• freein89
    freein89

logansrun,

I may be thick ok I am thick, but I couldn't really tell how you feel about the subject of Christianity. I'm serious here, could you tell me what you think?

I love what Ghandi's grandson said about truth, on a less "deep" note, I have a refrigerator magnet that says, "Keep and open mind, but not so open your brains fall out" a real pearl of refrigerator magnet wisdom.

Deb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit