Interesting days text today

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Sunday, December 30

Asa’s heart was complete with Jehovah all his life.—1 Ki. 15:14.

Each of us can examine his heart to see if it is fully devoted to God. Ask yourself, ‘Am I determined to please Jehovah, to defend true worship, and to protect his people from any corrupting influence?’ For example, what if someone close to you has to be disfellowshipped? Would you take decisive action by ceasing to associate with that person? What would your heart move you to do? Like Asa, you can show that you have a complete heart by fully relying on God when you are faced with opposition, even some that may seem insurmountable. You may be teased or ridiculed at school for taking a stand as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Or colleagues at work may taunt you for taking days off for spiritual activities or for not often working overtime. In such situations, pray to God, just as Asa did. (2 Chron. 14:11) Remain firm for what you know is right and wise. Remember that God strengthened and helped Asa, and He will strengthen you. w17.03 3:6-8

Peace

• waton
    waton

It is still Saturday (as the world turns), and today' s text (12 29 2016 is interesting too, re-phrased:

"do not idolize religious leaders." even if they call for such honor. even what we say is not rational. even if we overlap a ha.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Where I am at it is Sunday.

Peace

• unsure
    unsure

Respectfully - quoting passages from a fictional book full of errors and contradictions does not do anyone any favors.

• skin
    skin

Sunday evening were I am. Will be Monday in 5hrs time.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Who cares what day it is ? The focus is on the text that ZNMD is quoting not the day .

Twisting the scriptures to re-inforce there agenda of complete control over their members to obey the GB

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

My point exactly SMIDDY3.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It was the days text that got me seriously thinking.

It was the scripture about expectation postponed making the heart sick and I thought how sick I was of waiting for Armageddon.

It reminded me of when I was being recruited. They had told me my then toddler was unlikely to start school the end was so close and yet here she was, an adult and bringing her own 8 year-old daughter for a holiday with me in Spain!

• unsure
    unsure

I must be dense. The OP seemed like forum evangelism.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

It just make me think of all the years as a school child I was supposed to "take a stand" and explain my beliefs and suffered - yet there is Geoffrey Jackson weaseling out of it on the stand when he was questioned by the Austrailian Royal Commission.

Hypocrites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit