JW's Should Be Banned!

by mr_doubtful 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Do you want to stop Religious Repression?

Contact

U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom

[email protected]

Write a good email to them, defining how the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is a repressive organization that crushes free speech.

How they brainwash people to kill themselves.

How they vilify members who speak the truth.

http://www.uscirf.gov/about-uscirf/contact-us

• just fine
    just fine

I don't know that I agree they should be banned. But I also feel like they bring this shit on themselves, so I don't feel bad for them either. If they would quit acting like they are Gods gift to the earth, and the over righteous attitude would wane no one would pay any attention at all. You have two power hungry, self righteous, delusional personalities at play, Putin and the Witnesses.

• Syme
    Syme

If a religion that restricts the faithful's freedom should be banned, then almost all religions should be banned, including mainstream Christian ones. Just think of all the restrictions a Catholic or an Orthodox has (fasting, infant baptism and countless others). Every religion puts restrictions in a member's freedom; that is part of the very definition of religion. That is not a reason to completely ban a religion; then we'd have to ban all of them. Freedom of religion means one has the right to voluntarily constrain their own freedom by entering a religion, however stupid that may sound. Stupidity is a right after all, unless it harms others. Which brings us to whether WTS should be prosecuted for specific harmful practices, such ban of blood transfusions. I'm surely in for prosecuting WT for specific harmful practices, such as refusing blood to a minor, or taking action against one who accepts blood (if one wants to refuse blood even though they won't have any repercussions, that's OK). That's a different subject than banning completely a religion just because it restricts a member's freedom in general.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry
    Do you want to stop Religious Repression?
    Contact
    U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
    [email protected]
    Write a good email to them, defining how the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is a repressive organization that crushes free speech.
    How they brainwash people to kill themselves.
    How they vilify members who speak the truth.
    http://www.uscirf.gov/about-uscirf/contact-us
    I think this should have its own thread? I had no idea this Dept existed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit