The latest JW Craziness: Theocratic Board Games

by Room 215 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Have any of you seen this? http://www.theocraticgames.com/

What's next. Caleb and Sophia action figures?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What makes them "Theocratic" is that everyone who plays loses.

On the other hand, I suppose some people will figure out that the time they spend PLAYING "House2House" is as effective, results-wise, as real-life "House 2 House."

"It's raining; why don't we put on a big pot of coffee and play "House2House" for a few hours? We can still count the time..."

• Simon
    Simon

Don't the poor children already suffer enough?!?

I'm guessing that it's much less fun and less educational than Cards Against Humanity.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder how they keep up with the changes in 'new light(tm)' such a game?

I have invented one that I think is more fun....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And how much is wasted on these games? I wonder how many ice cream cones one could buy with the price of this stupid game. Or silver dimes.

I think the silver dimes would be more entertaining. At least that would start a hobby that would provide a little fun--which is better than playing door to door.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Oh, we hated when we were invited over to peoples houses and they played these "spiritual games." Our kids hated it too.

We liked the parties where there was booze and just down to earth people we could laugh with.

Just another way for JW's to show off all the "spiritual" things they know. Gag!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I wonder what money there is in JW niche market crap?
  • steve2
    steve2

Spell l check is needed. They're called "board games" when in fact it would be more accurate to say they are "bored games".

The site does not appear active; the latest "customer testimonial" (is that even a JW term?) is from just over 3 years ago (October 2012).

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Spell l check is needed.

It sure is Steve

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

One of the testimonials :

"We just finished playing House 2 House with my parents for our family study tonight, and we really enjoyed it! Thanks for creating a fun and enjoyable game!"

Using it for study night was surely not what the G B had in mind when they set up FSNight....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit