Brazilian XJW activists are successfully demonstrating against JW intolerance - See their impressive website

by AndersonsInfo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I was so impressed by what the Brazilian XJW's are doing to inform the world about JW's unfair and harmful sanctions put upon those who leave the religion that I just had to share their efforts with you. Congratulations are in order for a work well done.

I asked Sebastiao Ramos Ramos, a former JW to explain in English what ABRAVIPRE is all about. (See logo below) His English is not the best but he gave it his best:

"ABRAVIPRE is the Brazilian Association of support for the victims of religious prejudice. The campaign of public utility that abravipre has been performing (virtually and the real world) aims to inform the people about the religious intolerance practiced by Jehovah's Witnesses against ex-members has even led to the mpf denounce state and local and National Representatives with Basis in law 7.716 art. 14. In Summary, our mode of demonstration against all sorts of religious intolerance is seen as a benchmark in Brazil, which has already become an example for the world."

I Google translated into English some of the Portuguese statements made on the Home Page - see below. (Even though most of us can't read Portuguese, when you look at the website go to the page where there are many Brazilian media articles about JWs harmful practices and policies to get an idea how good a job these former JWs are doing to inform the public.)

Barbara

-----
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 | 2:00 p. m.

Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms of all human beings. Its concept is also linked with the idea of ​​freedom of thought, expression, and equality before the law.

WHO WE ARE

ABRAVIPRE - Brazilian Association for Supporting Victims of Religious Prejudice - represents simple, determined and diverse people with a common goal: to end any and all forms of religious intolerance practiced by people or organizations that think they are above the law. We denounce and expose people, religious leaders, churches, and religious associations who abuse their peers with religiously motivated prejudices.

Gallery

ABRAVIPRE is extremely active and promotes events, rallies, mobilizations, etc.

Street activism proposes that ordinary people know the trappings of some religion-transvestite sects.

Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, still expel their members as in the Middle Ages forbidding any kind of contact between friends and family. A simple "hello" from a former member is viewed by them as a violation of "divine laws." This practice totally violates Brazilian laws, such as Federal Law 11,635.

WWW.ABRAVIPRE.ORG.BR

No automatic alt text available.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you Barbara for posting this.I`m a PC ignaramus ,so i cant see the site .

However , I appreciate the Brazilian ex-JW brothers in doing what they can to expose the intolerance the WT Society puts their former members through .

I hope something positive comes out of this.

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

Wow, so easy to use.....now just if I knew some Portuguese! It's different from French, but still based on basic Latin...found three documents (it will take some time to understand what they totally mean). But, wow.....extremely nice site works on both my iPad & iPhone.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Ah, good ol' Watchtower (or is it JW.org these days?), these days making friends and influencing people the world over... NOT!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"How To Make Converts and Influence the Legal Process" by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society...

...ten weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and they'd make a f**king mint... :smirk:

• carla
    carla

All the best to the Brazilian ex jw's!

• blondie
    blondie

I just copied part of their site and hit copy request and given choice ti use Bing to translate...worked pretty good.

Actually Portuguese written seems much more like Spanish though spoken sounds more like French.

• Funchback
    Funchback

I am from the U.S. and have lived in Brazil for over 5 years. I speak Portuguese. If anyone needs help with translations from this site, I am at your service.

• Simon
    Simon

Great to make it about general "religious intolerance" rather than only focusing on the WTS. It's more likely to get cross-denominational support and be more successful.

Bravo!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey AndersonsInfo!

I was so impressed by what the Brazilian XJW's are doing

Yeah, but, of course, the real question is....

Are those Brazilian ex-JWs following the example of Jesus and becoming carpenters???

Inquiring minds want to know!

Yeah, seems so - after all their banners and posters are advertising their website!

http://abravipre.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit