Current 2018 outlines ca with br says do not communicate with apostates or Df ones

by poopie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie

How is that possible if your child is Df living at home.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You simply don't have children that are DF living at home, it's not explicit but it's definitely implied.

• poopie
    poopie

Even a minor

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There is no restriction on talking to DFed children living at home just so long as it's not "spiritual".

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Same as with a DFed marriage mate.

• poopie
    poopie

Outline said no avoid communication period

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I guess that means that the "apostates" need to be careful who they talk to and what they say.

Wait that is nothing new.

• Listener
    Listener

Poopie, good question, this is the outline that I think you are referring to, it's in the talk "using social media wisely"

Resolve not to view or post comments on blogs or social networks when doing so would involve you in bad associations Reject communication with apostates or disfellowshipped ones (2Jo 9-11)"

As far as bad associations go, it is only a resolution but with apostates or disfellowshipped ones it is a complete rejection. There is no qualification here about family members living at home, even spouses. It is no wonder that many spouses feel they can't even live with their ex JW partner. Of course it is not in writing but when they hear things like this in public talks the seed is planted and the breakdown of the family commences.
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The org's anti-scriptural shunning policy depends on a "sinner's" home address; if it's in the family home, no shunning takes place. If they have their own home - separate from their parents and siblings, then "God" demands that they now be shunned!

How J.W.'s haven't realised how corrupt this is, beats me.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Yet.... you can talk to and say hello to those who've never been JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit