Bound vol question

by rockemsockem 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Did the WT reprint Bound Vol.? If so how long after the first printing did they reprint? Also how do you tell an original from reprint? Does it have any affect on value?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

As far as I know there were no reprints of volumes.These were special order.Once the year is getting near the end, you hear an announcement saying to order whoever needs one; similar to the yearbooks n watchtower cd-roms, calendars days text etc. They only printed a limited amount and never reprinted.

Zing

• vienne
    vienne

Yes, sometime around 1980 the Watchtower Society reprinted the Watchtower from 1951 into the 1960s at least. Checking mom's books and comparing the reprints to the original volumes, you can tell the reprints because the "announcements" section on the last page is missing, and the cover colors are different. I don't have more details.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, I recall collecting reprints .

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The Watchtower and Awake magazine volumes were reprinted in the early 1980s as Vienne has mentioned.

The Watchtowers were reprinted back to 1950 (I believe), but the Awakes only went back to 1970. At the time I wondered Why the difference? since they had long been considered 'companion' magazines.

Apparently this was the Organization's way of hiding the 1975 information because most of it was published in the Awake magazines of the late 1960s.

Information such as in this thread would now be hard for JWs to find.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Oops, double post.

• TD
    TD

Original fifties & sixties era volumes were faced in red, (The edges of the pages opposite the spine) although in many cases, it's faded to just a tinge of pink today.

Additionally, the brown pebbled covers of the 90's era reprints were a slightly different shade and texture.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So, am I correct in saying that reprints are in fact revised versions of what was printed previously ?

In other words what they said in the first place was not correct and they have had to modify / change what they first printed ?

Jehovah`s Witnesses / Governing Body / WTB&TS are no strangers to making revisions , changing facts.

They have done so with their early history as "International Bible Students Association" and what they believed and published then compared to what the Jehovah`s Witness organization of today says they believed back then.

Quite a big difference.

That should send up red flags to everybody that they are incapable of telling the truth.

• blondie
    blondie

1989, the original loose WT was adjusted this way? it appeared in the WT bound volume. WT 1/1 1989 p 12. There are many quotes listed at this link of places where the WTS said the end would come in the 20th century.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/20th-century-2000.php

Watchtower 1989 Jan 1 p.12
    "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."

(The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and subsequent CD library. Click on the thumbnails to compare the magazine version to the bound volume.)

watchtower magazine - in our 20th centurywatchtower 1989 jan 1 page 12 Bound Volume - in our day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit