2017 Kingdom Hall in Chile with Flag with Meeting

by ILoveTTATT2 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Finally, after 5 years, we have received footage that shows, unmistakably, that there was a flag in the Kingdom Hall, while a meeting was happening.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/UEl3OtW6GEM

I will post this year's pictures below. This year we had pictures and video of three different kingdom halls with the flag!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Was it just me ? I couldn`t see a flag anywhere in the video ,frankly it reminded me of videos that "prove" UFO`s exist it was that bad except with UFO videos at least you see what they claim is a UFO although being disjointed and grainy.

edit to add: Ok looking at it again I guess that was it in the window ? The quality of the video was extremely poor.

Just saying.

• steve2
    steve2

Smiddy3 - your flag knowledge requires a humble upgrade.

The Chilean flag was shown in the video - it has a symbol of a 5-pointed white star against a three colored background . It was positioned behind the exterior glass window at the front of the Kingdom Hall.

Perhaps JWs reason that if they use the flag to cover the window it is not the same as hoisting it up a flag pole.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Steve2 - yeah, good point, if they use their flag to cover a window they can call it a drape and Jehovah isn't anti-drapes.

• alanv
    alanv

So I presume the kingdom Hall is owned by the witnesses. In which case why would they have a flag raised in the Kingdom Hall grounds?

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello

bad quality video :(

but quite courageous to make it in KH :)

We see the flag at time 0:58 behind the window

The KH is here. but in Google streetview we didn't see the flags :-(

https://www.google.fr/maps/@-33.5401564,-70.6583425,3a,52.3y,210.44h,94.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-jv0983vNkVbwoMCSHv03A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• steve2
    steve2

There is a fine in Chile when public venues don't didplsu the national flag. A letter from Jw organization leaves it up to individual congregations in Chile to decide whether or not to display the flag and avoid the fine. There have been a couple of other threads on this topic.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think the GB instructed the Chilean congregations to go ahead and fly the flag because they were not going to pay the $400 dollar fine as of course the Chilean congregations don't have that kind of money each year.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    bad quality video :frowning:
    but quite courageous to make it in KH :smile:
    We see the flag at time 0:58 behind the window
    The KH is here. but in Google streetview we didn't see the flags :frowning:
    That's because they're only supposed to put up the flag on September 18 and 19, their Independence Day celebrations.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    I think the GB instructed the Chilean congregations to go ahead and fly the flag because they were not going to pay the $400 dollar fine as of course the Chilean congregations don't have that kind of money each year.
    The congregations are instructed to decide if they want to put up the flag or not. About 10 years ago, most congregations put up the flag. Now it's getting rarer for congregations to put the flag, because of tremendously bad PR now that people are taking videos and pictures of this. Unfortunately, the fine is almost never enforced... so the KH's can get away with not putting the flag AND not paying the fine... if they wanted to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit