How Are JWs Affected By The Coronavirus?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    1. Will meetings and conventions be canceled? The ministry? Shepherding calls, get togethers??
  • QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

My sister in law's meetings are cancelled for the next two weeks bc of the virus. I have never heard of such a thing. This must be the 'pestilence' that the bible was talking about....lol.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I can't help it but they will be told to trust in Jehovah and go out more in field service to spread the virus, I mean the good news then make sure you don't miss any meeting so everyone is full of virus, I mean holy spirit. Lol.

Most likely they will take prudent action so everyone is safe. But after all they believe this is the time of the end and there will be a resurrection and they will live forever in a paradise earth. In other words your guess is as good as mine. Still Totally ADD

• minimus
    minimus

Wow!!! They are canceling meetings!!! This is proof that we are living in the time of the end.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Facebook/Texas Bethel Tours:

Friends due to the Corona Virus situation our Captains and myself to be cautious have decided to cancel for this years tour to Orlando and Warwick .. we regret this, thank you for being comprehensive about this. Please reach out for me to give anyone that had given deposits your refunds.. 🦠

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Maybe whoever runs that Texas Bethel Tours site can use the time to study English. Good lord. "thank you for being comprehensive about this" WTF also that last sentence....

Nothing to report in the southeastern US. Just the letter about staying home when you are sick. Actually always good advice.

• minimus
    minimus

I remember when I was an elder, certain elders always said even if you’re sick you can be sick at home as well as at the Kingdom Hall, at least you have the brotherhood and Jehovah’s Holy Spirit in the midst of two or more witnesses together.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

There is a letter being posted on kingdom hall entrance doors saying to stay home an listen in if you are sick or immune compromised.

Q. What has happened to all the need-greaters in China? Did they get out and go to quarantine? They would have to write letters to keep up with their hour requirement.

No one is coming in my house. If my husband allows it somehow (and I doubt it), they will be sprayed down with disinfectant. That should keep 'em out. Actually, that should be 24/7/365 policy for JWs entering a house.

• minimus
    minimus

The Organization should use these “pestilences” to stop meetings in Kingdom Halls and simply provide religious services online. So much cheaper and they can sell all the public meeting places and pocket the dough.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Shepherding calls, get togethers??

Well in my area there is no worry about cancelling those. Cannot cancel something that doesn't exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit