My old Congregation is now a book study group of old people!

by Witness 007 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So I was in a Yugoslav ethnic congregation of about 200 people in Australia we had alot of refugee Witnesses come in from the Balkans war. In the late 1990's we were thriving! Today the young ones have all left "the truth." Many older ones have died or are too frail to attend. Looks like it wont last more then a few years before they close completely. I know of one family who hoped armagedon would cure all there illnesses but they now have depression...I guess for us every new year is a slap in the mouth. Happy 2020!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Image result for bitch slapped"

Every year we move on with our lives after JWism is a slap in the face to the organizers of the Watchtower movement.... past and present.

Here's to a very happy and prosperous 2020 Watchtower!

Mix that with your Scotch Whiskey losers.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes, Witness 007.

A Yugoslav group in Melbourne is limping along in a similar vein.

They were a cong but have now become a 'language group'.

Happy 2020.

jtg

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

after more than 40 years of activity the local Yugoslav congregation has finally gained group status again

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

It will be interesting to see how well the JWS regroup themselves in numbers after the Virus problems resides.

I suspect there may be a drop off of attendance and active participants.

No doubt the WTS will exploit this event to the fullest in saying see brothers and sisters there is little time left.

Let us push on with the work that we have avowed are selves to in preaching Gods new kingdom order !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

" Because of the increasing of lawlessness { by Governments } the love of the greater number will cool off " Matt.24 12

That will be there answer.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

" Because of the increasing of lawlessness { by Governments } the love of the greater number will cool off " Matt.24 12

but that's been going on for over 2000 years since those words were written into the bible ?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Old and sick, are the things I hear a lot if in congregations.

G.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Maybe they can start calling the ethnic language groups separate ‘lands’.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My old Congregation is now a book study group of old people.

And in another 10 years they will be a graveyard full of dead people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit