Watchtower and The X-Files

by StarTrekAngel 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I've been watching the show all over again, with my kids. We are in Season 6 and there has been at least 3 mentions of JW in the show.

In one episode, Mulder and Scully get to a house and when they get there they realize the doorbell button has been ripped off. They look at each other and Mulder says "Frustrated Jehovah's Witness?"

Today we watched one of the latest episodes in Season 6 and they are knocking on someones house. When they identify themselves as FBI agents, the homeowner asks "Jehovah's Witnesses?". Mulder says "No, but we do have a free copy of the Watchtower if you would like"

I also recall another mention by the Lone Gunmen.

Was Mark Snow a JW by any chance or anyone connected to the show?

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

Ex-jw writers I think!

The simpsons also have a reference or two...

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I meant to say Chris Carter, not Mark Snow

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Family Guy has had a few JW references over the years, too. If you think about it, its usually always mentioned in the context of a joke.

That's essentially how JW's are looked at, or thought about, as a joke. They are either made fun of, or put into the context as being an annoyance by knocking on your door.

This is the "legacy" of the JW movement. A bunch of annoying people that come to your door, and should be made fun of. They are a joke.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well..... "The Truth is out there ".....somewhere........Wt beliefs are no more credible that the ongoing story line of The X Files..

The Govt is in the hands of mysterious dark forces..Nothing is really what it seems. The day is coming when alien [spirit] forces will arrive and take over the world . That day will be a catastrophe for most of mankind.

it all sounds kind of familiar to the WT member.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Agatha Christie's murder mystery "Hallowe'en Party" also references JW's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ggJGF-2CEsc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit