Matrix Theory - Your input please

by Elsewhere 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok... I have to admit that I have been obsessing over the movies The Matrix... especially after the second one where some odd things happened. Agent Smith was replicating in the matrix, Neo was "feeling" and stopping the sentinels in the real world, Agent Smith copied himself into a human in Zion.

Now I normally don't obsess over movies... I usually just watch them once and then move on... no big deal. But this time I have been trying to figure out all of the odd things about The Matrix.

I wanted to throw my theories out for everyone to examine and see what you all think...

Here goes... remember in the first movie when Neo went to see the Oracle? She told him that he was not The One, and then she added: "maybe in another life". Neo later did die. But then something happened. He came back alive. Walla! He was all of the sudden The One with all sorts of powers.

In the second movie when Agent Smith copied himself into Bane, this told me that it was possible for the machines to send a new program into a human body. It also reminded me of what happened to Neo when he died... along with what the Oracle told him. She said that he was not The One. What I think happened was Neo did in fact die, and was replaced with a program... just as Bane was replaced with a clone of Agent Smith. This new program, as The Architect put it, was the sum of the remainder of the program equation needed to balance the equation.

The Architect did say that Neo was human, but he also kept referring to The One as being designed. This would make sense if The One was a program inserted into a human body. This could also explain why Neo was able to "feel" the sentinels in the real world... he was a program that was part of the system.

While The Architect was talking to Neo he told him that if he did not choose the door on his right, the Matrix would crash. I was wondering why this would happen... then I remembered how Agent Smith was replicating himself everywhere. I'm thinking that this is what will crash the Matrix if not stopped. Smith will essentially saturate the Matrix with nothing but copies of himself.

Now let's also look at what the Oracle told Neo about rouge programs. She said that when a program needs to be deleted, they are supposed to return to The Source... which is why Neo needed to return to the Source... his programming... and the remainder of the equation that was the flaw, needed to be deleted. As we know, Neo did not return to the source to be deleted. There is also the matter of Agent Smith. Just before the big fight in the court yard, Smith told Neo that he knew what he was supposed to do after he was killed in the first movie, but did not. This made Smith a rouge program that avoided deletion by not returning to the source. Smith also told Neo that he was now free... but not really... because he was now trapped in the Matrix like everyone else... like many other programs that avoided deletion.

The Oracle talked about how there were many rouge programs in the Matrix... this means that there are a lot of very unhappy programs that are getting tired of being controlled by the Matrix. Just as there are a lot of very unhappy humans that are in the Matrix. Here is my theory on what the third movie, Revolutions, will be about. I think that the rouge programs and the humans will join forces to defeat the controlling forces in the Matrix... in essence... giving everyone the choice to stay in a matrix that they can form to their liking... being able to create their own personal paradises. The reason the first Matrix failed was because the people were forced to be in it, but now they will be able to choose to be in it... which will in turn mutually benefit the machines by providing them with the energy they need.

• happyout
    happyout

I just have to tell you, I am so thrilled you are writing about this. I have to leave for a meeting, but will respond in detail in just a bit.

Happyout (who knows There is no spoon)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well i was very disappointed that we didnt see more of agent smith in number 2. Ive seen the film 3 times but i failed to notice that Bane was a replication of Smith. If that is so,and Smith can now replicate within Zion, its an interesting angle for the third installment.My take on the oracle was that she was a baddy, leading Neo into fullfilling the architects plan, rather than a goodie.

Of course, I hold that we do live inside a "matrix" ( to coin a term) controlled by spirit forces (aliens if you will)and that the Matrix movie concepts are part of the wakeup of humanity to the reality of the mind control exercized over them,and the invisible forces who exercize it.

• BornAgainGirl!
    BornAgainGirl!

Hmmm...interesting. But the humans would still in essence be slaves, correct? And have you seen the Animatrix - "I could never turn my back on the truth..." I don't think all those "unhappy" people would just live life knowing they are still really being controlled...just in a different setting/matrix. I don't know, just my thoughts. I can't wait till it comes out, though!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Hmmm...interesting. But the humans would still in essence be slaves, correct? And have you seen the Animatrix - "I could never turn my back on the truth..." I don't think all those "unhappy" people would just live life knowing they are still really being controlled...just in a different setting/matrix. I don't know, just my thoughts. I can't wait till it comes out, though!

Keep in mind... the humans would be choosing to be in the matrix... sort of like we choose to live in the city or the country... use the internet or not use the internet. It would be a choice... and a benefit of living in the Matrix, though not real, would be that the individuals could control their environments at will because the controlling Architect would no longer be in control. The machines in turn would get the entergy they need.

It would be a symbiotic relationship... the humans get whatever they want in a virtual world and the machines get the energy they need, along with whatever they want in the same virtual world.

• BornAgainGirl!
    BornAgainGirl!

I see, I see. I think you may be on to something!

• DIM
    DIM

Interesting....I think Zion is a backup program of the Matrix for people who exercise free will (explaining why Neo had the powers "outside" of the matrix). I think Neo may or may not be a machine. This would also explain why Smith was in Zion.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

DIM... that's exactly what I'm thinking.

• Simon
    Simon

I think the whole "One" thing and Zion is a self correcting mechanism as they described but the people who *think* they have left the MATRIX haven't in reality - they are still within it but with the fantasy of leaving. Sort of in a 'bigger, outer MATRIX'

This would explain why Neo could stop the sentinel in 'real life' as otherwise he is defying the laws of physics. No one tries to do it when 'out' of the MATRIX (the 20th century fantasy) because they believe they are real.

It is also why the whole One / Zion can be repeated whereas in reality, they would discover some relics of their former reincanations (tunnels etc.)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

IMO, Trinity, Morpheus, Oracle are all machines. I'm debating whether Neo is a machine or not. I think that that trio; his lover, his mentor, and his spiritual guide, may be leading him towards a conclusion that they orchestrated, that is, the desctruction of the current matrix, in favor of something that elsewhere was talking about, a matrix that is symbiotic, pleasant for everyone. It makes sense, in a way. The Smith program may also be a part of it, the good guy, in a weird way. He may be a rouge program that is actually being controlled by the Oracle, etc, sent to

a. kill Neo

b. lead Neo towards inevitable conclusion.

If there is a sort of Program Policeman, they will be hunting Smith, instead of Orcale, Neo, etc. It's like battlefronts. There's a lot more going on that you would think at first.

Who knows, though. I just cant wait to see Revolutions. Only four more months!

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit