But where else should we go? Can you answer this question?

by purrpurr 36 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

I choose to go anywhere else.

JK

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Why does anyone need to go anywhere? How about just staying away from the influence of any religion, think about things for a while and see where it goes?

• Simon
    Simon

I chose The Pub!

... or the zoo

... or the movies

... or the mall

... or just wander the streets collecting Pokemon

It really is the hight of arrogance to say "but where will you go". Guess what idiots, any place is better than loserville!!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Tho I agree with SBF that it is not a place but a person, I really like belonging to a community of worshipers. I have found somewhere else to go, but I could never answer that question to the elders without repercussions, so I chose to not talk about it when asked.
  • pixel
    pixel

First thing to point out is that it's a misquote from Peter who asked Jesus "Lord, whom else shall we go to?" John 6:68

This.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    In other words if not Jehovah's witnesses then what other religion or organisation would you go to?

I would say that I have a personal relationship with God and so it wouldn't matter where I go (even though I don't really believe that anymore). I would quote the scripture where Jesus said that we are to worship in spirit and truth and it didn't matter what physical place we were at. You could also quote the scripture where it says that whenever two or more are gathered in Jesus name then the spirit would be there also. Jesus never said anything about an organized religion at all.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

But where else should we go?

... out for pizza in a purple Mohawk and yoga pants

... exploring the safest existence that humans have ever known (really - check the stats)

... meeting non-cult people that we like

... stay home to watch a sappy movie or read a good book

I can think of many snarky/flippant answers to this question. If they pressed for the existential answer, I'd have to go with "not sure yet, but I'll enjoy the trip".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit