Another falsehood for JW's to consider

by The Fall Guy 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The "faithful slave" teaches JW's that foreigners were not participants of the Law Covenant.

wt 98 2/1 p.19, par. 6 - "Further, other sheep lay hold of the new covenant just as foreigners of old laid hold of the Law covenant. In what way? Not by becoming participants in it but by submitting to the laws associated with it and benefiting from its arrangements."

Deuteronomy 29:10-15 blows the "slave's" lie out of the water.

I won't spoon-feed anyone with the verses - it's easy enough to read what's written in plain language.

So much for WT type/antitype dogma.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh boy I’ve not seen that verse before. How can they miss this? And they claim themselves to be Bible scholars? SMH

• waton
    waton

Bible scholars? seen how they ignore bible passages, they are not even avid bible readers.

The Law was a tutor leading to Christ, that line included at least 2 foreigners.

All need forgiveness of "sin", the New Covenant does that.

I t you are hacked to death and will rule with Christ --- well wait and see

Pride comes before a fall.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I just checked it out. Seems as though you have a point. I'm curious to see what others say. Are there any other passages that contradict this - any passages that seem to indicate that foreigners were excluded? It's been so long that I can't remember.

I'm going to spoon-feed (bold print mine):

-------------------------------------

Deuteronomy 29:10-15 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

10 You stand assembled today, all of you, before the Lord your God—the leaders of your tribes,[a] your elders, and your officials, all the men of Israel, 11 your children, your women, and the aliens who are in your camp, both those who cut your wood and those who draw your water— 12 to enter into the covenant of the Lord your God, sworn by an oath, which the Lord your God is making with you today; 13 in order that he may establish you today as his people, and that he may be your God, as he promised you and as he swore to your ancestors, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. 14 I am making this covenant, sworn by an oath, not only with you who stand here with us today before the Lord our God, 15 but also with those who are not here with us today.

Deuteronomy 29:10-15 New International Version (NIV)

10 All of you are standing today in the presence of the Lord your God—your leaders and chief men, your elders and officials, and all the other men of Israel, 11 together with your children and your wives, and the foreigners living in your camps who chop your wood and carry your water. 12 You are standing here in order to enter into a covenant with the Lord your God, a covenant the Lord is making with you this day and sealing with an oath, 13 to confirm you this day as his people, that he may be your God as he promised you and as he swore to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 14 I am making this covenant, with its oath, not only with you 15 who are standing here with us today in the presence of the Lord our God but also with those who are not here today.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

OK, for those who can't access the RNWT -

Deuteronomy 29:10-12 shouts it out, LOUD & CLEAR:

10 “ALL OF YOU are stationed today before Jehovah your God, the heads of your tribes, your

elders, your officers, every man of Israel,

11 your children, your wives, AND YOUR FOREIGN RESIDENT who is in the midst of your camp..

12 You are here IN ORDER TO ENTER INTO THE COVENANT OF JEHOVAH...

No need to go on is there?

Rahab and Ruth (foreigners) were accepted as full members of the nation of Israel.

If they hadn't been, the Messianic lineage would have been corrupted by non-Israelites.

As such, where is the type/anti-type application for alleged "non-anointed" J.W.'s being classed as "foreigners?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit