All Donations Received @ KH During Annual Meeting Must Be Sent To The Branch
I just got word that in all congregations where the Annual Meeting is being streamed, any donations received that day, even if put in the box for the local hall MUST be sent to the branch immediately.
There will be an announcement made before the program starts for this arrangement. So the extra electric needed that day, heat/ac that the congregation has to pay for does not matter. All money donated that day HAS to go to the branch.
Just saw the letter was posted. Feel free to delete!
The principle was highlighted back in March 2017, the recent letter, from October 2017, was just a reminder with a small update regarding temporarily re-labelling the local congregation contribution boxes to be for the worldwide work.
It is actually not all the money. An estimate of the use of utilities would be taken out of the donations and be used for those needs. The rest go back to the branch.
@john Davis - That's interesting. It was told to me that anything that day was to be forwarded to them.
thedepressedsoul - looks like they told you wrong, wonder why? - maybe the BoE in that congregation have decided not to deduct expenses? But that's their own personal decision, WT says expenses can be deducted, as per below...
March 2, 2017 - Re: Broadcast Events Held in Kingdom Halls
7. Accounts: An announcement similar to the following will be made during the broadcast program by the chairman:
“Each of us has an opportunity to share in the joy of making voluntary offerings. Contribution boxes are located at all facilities tied in to this program for those who would like to give financial support to the worldwide preaching work.”
8. Donations placed in the box labeled “Worldwide Work” should be forwarded to the branch office using jworg. Donations placed in the box labeled “Local Congregation Expenses” can be used to cover local expenses incurred during the event. Thereafter, any surplus should be forwarded to the branch office as a donation to the worldwide work.
October 2, 2017 - Re: Contributions Received at the 2017 Annual Meeting
• Please place temporary labels on the contribution boxes so that all boxes are clearly labeled “Worldwide Work.”
• The elders may estimate expenses that were incurred during the use of the Kingdom Hall for the annual meeting and deduct the total from the contributions received. The expenses may include utilities and supplies, but not the purchase or rental of audio/video equipment.
• Please transfer the net contributions to the branch office using the jworg website. The amount should be submitted as a donation to the worldwide work.
The October 2, 2017 Letter:
It does actually make sense because congregations may not be assigned to their kingdom halls for the viewings and it is not a congregation meeting it is a branch event.
Are they asking for funds more promptly than usual?
John Davis - what defines a Congregation event as opposed to a Branch event?