Gorby has to admit

by Gorbatchov 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    For the first time in my life, i have to admit that the world is rapidly deteriorating. First I saw a decline in democracy worldwide. Elections were a tough battle every time, unfair too. International cooperation came under pressure and was discontinued. Pude, democratic alliances were thrown into the dirt. Incomprehensible cooperation with dictators was accepted. A terrible pandemic broke out, and the law of the strongest proved to be the solution. People turned out not to be worth that much. This led to frustration, and the flame went into the pan. The fire is flaring up in the cities. The authorities encourage counter-violence through social media. The old white man power was not a solution any more. Were will this lead to is my big question. 1 Corinthians 7:31 - for the scene of this world is changing.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

You can quote a two thousand year old text observing even bemoaning that the world changes, this shows that this perception of decline is a consistent one over time.

Data indicates the opposite; that we are healthier, wealthier, live much longer lives, are more secure, better educated and experience less war than ever in human history. Remember, the Black death killed between a third and one half of the population affected..........if you got it, you didn't recover.

When narcissists rule, in a country or a religion, their vision is about their personal standing not the welfare of the many. Prov 29,18.

Or are you just feelinh low Gorby?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Imho things change in the same ways they always have.

I remember the violent riots in France in 2005. They were a sure sign of the wickedness of man, of the 'criticial times' we live in. Surely these riots would spread to neighboring countries and likely lead to civil war? Yet here we are, alive and kicking.

The USA has seen many, many big riots in the past. Some of these race 'riots' more appeared to be localized civil war.

The apparent rise of democratically elected leaders who try to make themselves into dictators is worrying, especially because it happens in the most powerful countries too. Otoh, it's the people of these countries that allow such leaders to be elected and stay in power.

Pandemics have swept earth many times. We've been able to eradicate or control many common diseases. The current pandemic shows how much we've progressed in combatting disease....but we're still mortal and will stay that way.

What I find most troubling are the yet unseen future effects of climate change and their impact on humanity.

With a (somewhat) visible enemy like covid19 most people and governements are able to take swift and decisive actions, even when the economy take very hard hits. With climate change we seem incapable of taking similar far-going measures, simply because we can't imagine what will happen in 10 years if we don't act now.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

@1/2 banana, i'm not low, but see things that are not right at the moment.

@anders I agree. I think, we, in Holland have an other perception about the events than our US friends here.

G.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, I believe we are devolving--and this is the end game of that bible. We are in the final stages of having our liberties taken away, being microchipped, and becoming enslaved as greys. This is part of that curse that is called a bible, and the result of people putting their energy into that thing. If more people would have seen that bible for what it really is (and it is pretty blatant who is to benefit from this, directly from who the bible always ballyhoos), and thrown that cursed thing away, we wouldn't see half the mess we see today. And, the riots would, instead of ruining cities and preventing us from resuming our lives just as a pandemic (fake or not) is winding down, be retaliation directed at those responsible.

If people do bad things, let them be punished. If that cop that killed Floyd in fact did use excessive force, that is bad enough. And pretending to not know (which is lying) makes it much more serious. But, without that bible, it would have resulted in a criminal investigation of that incident (and, if there is a Soros funded group behind it, that group and its source which is of course Soros) instead of full looting, rioting, and future reparations that do not end. If China (or, more accurately, the communists behind it or a small group of terrorists working there) was responsible for this pandemic, without the bible we could have had a boycott, economic sanctions, or having those responsible held to justice instead of all these lockdowns, economic depression, vaccination with RFID chips, and greyhood for all. If a rogue country tries bringing everyone to war against each other to start World War III, the result could have been to have the affected countries declaring world war against the perpetrator.

Effectively, a piece of advice found in that lousy bible made all these issues into freedom threatening problems. Turning the other cheek where it is warranted to retaliate only makes problems worse, and lying about it (I feel that political correctness is enforced lying) prevents anyone from solving them or learning from them.

• tiki
    tiki

I do like halfbanana's comment about narcissists in rule caring for nothing but their personal standing. We certainly have been getting a bellyful of that scenario in the USA. A lot of the societal issues here stem from that leadership and the dissidence it foments. Where an utter lack of dignity and respect for ones fellow man is flouted by those in power, it has a domino effect and you see people who might have in the past kept their hatred at bay now feeling empowered to display all sorts of bad behaviors.

• Simon
    Simon

The US could end their troubles very quickly and very easily. It doesn't happen because a significant number of people are uneducated idiots who like living on handouts and are easily controlled and a smaller number conspire to use unrest to gain power and siphon off wealth for themselves from the system.

The US lack backbone to deal with issues in a way that will actually solve things:

• Stop paying money to the antifa kids who live with mommy and daddy
    • Prosecute people promoting rioting by promising to pay their legal fees
    • Shoot people actively looting and rioting
    • Shut down universities that preach marxist revolution
    • Stop importing low IQ people with violent beliefs and dispositions

Enjoy the peace that results from people having to work in order to eat. No one should get to live at the expense of tax-payers, not only not contributing anything to society but actively trying to harm it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

then you havent lived long enough or travelled enough.

we live longer and in better conditions than 100, 200, 300 years ago.

people can protest and talk freely about their opinions the protests and means in many parts of the world.

this homicide that got many people outraged is not the first killing by abuse of power. but now we have cameras to record it and upload it for all to see.

• millie210
    millie210

I have felt the same as you Gorby, I would guess many of us are feeling very similar emotions as you have so well expressed.

Heraclitus, a Greek philosopher, has been quoted as saying “change is the only constant in life.”

This was written long before the Bible book of 1 Corinthians.

The irony is that we like things to stay the same if they are good or even tolerable. So we experience negative feelings if the status quo is seemingly disrupted but at the same time, we know growth requires tumult.

Times of war result in times of peace. Sickness results in greater awareness of how to ensure the biological survival of the species. Governments rise and fall. Checks and balances.

We are experiencing tumult and change right now. Whether it will result in a better world scene remains to be seen.

This present climate has me thinking about how people must have felt during other times of great tumult such as WW 1 and WW2 which were relatively recent in human history.

I was so awake and aware of everything when I first left the JWs. Over the years since, personally, I think I had gotten soft, a little complacent.

I am awake now. I find myself sniffing the air so to speak trying to discern which direction the winds of change are going to blow. I am eating, supplementing and exercising better and I am also thinking harder. I don't think I was in as much danger from the virus as I was from complacency.

I feel a personal responsibility to come out of all of this better.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The only thing that has changed is we now are bombarded 24 hours a day with news on "cable" news networks and social media. 24 hour news networks have about 5 hours worth of news they have to spread out over 24 hours. They also have to compete in a saturated market so things are dramatized/sensationalized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit