How the Watchtower Could Grow In Numbers

by Sour Grapes 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

If I were running the Watchtower there are things that I would do to increase the numbers and increase donations. Since so many older witnesses are realizing that the false hope they had of not growing old and not having to die is fading away like a frost on a sunny autumn morning, the Watchtower needs to shift gears.

As it has been stated on this forum, the emphasis needs to shift from not dying to the glorious hope of the resurrection, the gateway to paradise. They need to deemphasize Armageddon and emphasize "the way of life" that witnesses have. There are no smoking, drunkenness, crime, and having friends of like faith around the world. (They can't brag about not having pedophiles)

At first, I would make celebrating birthdays a conscience matter by stating that since we can celebrate the birth of a baby with baby showers some may also want to celebrate the anniversary of the birth.

I would also make Christmas a conscience matter if done in moderation since people today do not associate the original pagan customs of the holiday which have faded away like the pagan origins of wedding rings, wedding dresses, and even the days of the week and months of the year. Promote it as a starting a family tradition making stronger families, which make for stronger congregations.

I would then let the witnesses "count time" for visiting older witnesses in need of help with chores and even encourage them to work in soup kitchens feeding the poor and hungry, just as Jesus did.

Make the midweek meeting one hour in length with the theme of how we can become better people and better serve our neighbors.

Then work in the tithing arrangement for donations.

If they did the above, I would join back up.

Sour Grapes

• freddo
    freddo

Shhhhhh! Don't give them ideas ...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes there has been many suggestions in the past to make the JWS cult less controlling and damaging to people but its not going to happen or the likelihood of it changing toward a milder religoius organization is minute.

This cult has built up itself on rigidly structured and enforced controls (Doctrines), influencing people to even kill themselves in refusing medical treatment.

F.O.G ..... Fear Obligation and Guilt is deeply indoctrinated in this cult, so even the top GB leaders are structurally oppressed by those established psychological controls.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Sour Grapes are you nuts? What can the deceiving, deluded JW org give you which is of any use?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i will definitely go back to the watchtower--when it ceases to exist.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Maybe I wouldn't go back, but I would feel better about my family who are still in lock step with seven dwarfs at headquarters.

• jwabuse.com
    jwabuse.com

Fool me once... sorry, they could become the feel-good group of all feel-goods and they couldn't coax me back. Our family and friends have completely cut us off, it hurts and sucks, but there is no fixing what they have created, which is on a foundation of lies and deceit. There are plenty of other social clubs I could replace them with that would create an atmosphere of happier and healthier people. I am completely fine living the rest of my life as an independent agent, thank you very much.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How the Watchtower Could Grow In Numbers

The WBT$ JW Cult "Feeds on Fear"..

What could scare people so bad,that they would run to the JW`s?..

Image result for oh shit!.Image result for Donald Trump President

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

To outsiders they have been coming across as a way of life religion on jw.org. but for the rank and file. Fear obligation and guilt - control is well entrenched

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Perhaps the strategy is to not grow the numbers. I could make the case that this is a more appropriate strategy. They already have the money. Growing the flock only means they have more risk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit