Campaign to invite people to meetings

by StarTrekAngel 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Just found out last night that our congo is starting a campaign to invite interested people to meetings. The instructions for the campaign clear out that "interested" people are not just those whom we visit often or have bible studies with. It includes and random stranger we may talk to and who may show a hint of interest on the religion. Bellow is the invitation that was distributed at the meeting. It was pre printed with the address and times of the meetings for our local congo

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The 11th April 2016 BoE letter regarding this, along with a copy of the S-141 Reminders for those assigned public talks form are included in the thread below

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5662759379271680/october-2016-campaign

The address and times would have been printed by your own congregation as per usual procedure with Memorial and Convention invites.

You can download a PDF of the invitation at:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=inv&sortBy=1

• Wait For It
    Wait For It

Yeah, mine gave these out this week too. Smells like desperation.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Smells like desperation.

Smells like easy street.....

After a three week Memorial Invite campaign, handing out invitation leaflets

After a three week Convention Invite campaign, handing out invition leaflets

Here's another month long Meeting Invite campaign, handing out invitation leaflets

Sure you're really meant to also feature the magazine, but .... guess what?! - each invite leaflet given out counts as one 'placement' - the same as if you gave out a magazine or brochure or book!

• sir82
    sir82

campaign to invite interested people to meetings.

Well, that ought to cure them!

I can think of nothing that would cause a more significant loss of interest than attending a snooze-fest at a Kingdom Hall.

"So now that we've read the paragraph, brothers, I'd like to invite 6 or 7 of you to repeat the information in ever so slightly varying ways....then we'll repeat the process for all 20 paragraphs. If we're lucky, I'll only run 10 minutes overtime."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yet another "special" campaign of activity to keep them all busy!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Next they'll have robotic trolleys with AI language skills and mechanical arms to hand out literature.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Will all the inactive in the territory be getting one?

Seems ridiculous to me when the number of inactive witnesses in the area I live in would outnumber the amount of witnesses who attend the meetings.

Could never understand why they don't make more of a sincere effort to woo old "customers" back with a promise of "new and improved" meetings. Oh yeah that's right because they don't want old customers back who would know that the meeting are still shit.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

What am I missing? How is that campaign different from what they always do?

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Looks like I will be seeing group shots of people "showing off" that they are working this campaign on my social media feeds. Ughhh how annoying. This truly is the best life ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit