Enduring watchtower study

by road to nowhere 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My studying consists of skimming the article. This one starts with 2017 Don't give up convention. at the time i changed it to I give up. Anyway this one is being patient. Seems like people are giving up.

They finally mentioned covid, its only been 2 years. But it it is not the worst plague ever despite their spin.

Maybe the theme for 2034 will be " we were wrong again"

• St George of England
    St George of England

Sitting through that today tested my endurance to the limit. Even with a coffee half way through!

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

St George

Yes, sort of a " you think you have it bad? Even God can't fix things "

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Most inane comment: "If armageddon came 100 years ago we wouldnt be here"

Mom and dad would be over 100, so they would hace had me in paradise, as would my wife. Thanks a lot

• skin
    skin

Almost the same words were answered at our WT study. Except change the 100 years to " back in Jesus's day".

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Unless good intentions would have been enough for God at Armageddon, if it came 100 years ago, the JW's living then wouldn't have made it. Most all of the supposedly inspired proclamations they were making to the world, were untrue and had to be changed later. If good intentions would have been enough for God to spare JW's at Armageddon, then the rest of those who were part of what JW's deemed as "false religion", would have been spared as well.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The Watchtower articles are not even good for emergency toilet paper. I for sure can't get a handle on the dribble coming from the writing Department. Makes no sense and is Bullshit!

• carla
    carla

"If armageddon came 100 years ago we wouldnt be here"- humorous bunch huh? could you hear the chuckles through zoom?

• waton
    waton

the article gave the deity's endurance as an example to follow. According to wt writers, he endured the indignities visited upon creation and suffered that mental anguish. -- ( except when he did not, blew a fuse, killed all life in the flood, causing suffering, horrible drowning deaths, --or confused the languages at Babel, it would have been too easy for the opposition to reach to heavens unitedly, [ Bezos and Musk take note]) --. so

wt adherents, if the father can endure the pain indirectly , so can you, endure it directly, in the flesh, personally . what other choice do you have? it was really funny to hear the tortuous comments getting around that big absurdity, all based on the talking snake story, including illustrations .

in the meantime, Life is a great gift, enJoy.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

One way pioneers used to make the WT study more interesting was by finding unusual words to put into their answers.

Songs could be made more bearable by leaving first letter off each word. Not that you have to sing anymore. Just mute your microphone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit