Fresh Air on NPR interviews former JW - June 24th, 2019- 2pm EST

by Quandary 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandary
    Quandary

Just heard on NPR that Fresh Air will feature a former JW.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Yes 2:00 PM Eastern Time.

• Dagney
    Dagney

This is exciting. I know several JW's who listen faithfully to Terry Gross/Fresh Air.

Wondering if any points will land.

• Quandary
    Quandary
    Just finished listening to the interview with Amber Scorah. Outstanding! She does a thorough job of logically and coherently explaining the odd beliefs of the JWs without bitterness or vindictiveness.
  • blondie
    blondie

I was on the road and listening tonight and the reception cut out. Couldn't find another NPR station. I hope it is available recorded.

What I heard was very good. She politely adjusted the interviewer's questions and statements to more accurately reflect a jw experience. I am looking forward to hearing the rest. She talks in a way that jws and ex-jws will find it closer to their jw experience than other ex-jw writings I have read. I see how this can have a favorable influence on non-jws keeping to the relevant info a non-jw can identify with, not having to have been a jw themselves.

• Quandary
    Quandary

She talks in a way that jws and ex-jws will find it closer to their jw experience than other ex-jw writings I have read.

Very accurate summation!

• Quandary
  • Done
    Done

Thanks. Downloaded the podcast and will listen tomorrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit