Banned from the second school!

by purrpurr 34 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

In the hall I was attending they removed all the back rows of seats so people were forced to sit towards the front.

How's that for control issues.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    I wonder if a DF who sits in there would be asked to join the main auditorium? Hmm...thought not....
  • hoser
    hoser
    One hall I was in they locked the second school for the Sunday meeting.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

They're just trying to make it more difficult to surf the net or post to this site during the service.

More eyeballs looking over your darn shoulder with all those roaming mic dudes.

• stillin
    stillin
    They roped off the back rows at my hall for a while. If I wanted to sit in back, I would simply turn my chair. Is that a sin?
  • TipsyMangoTea
    TipsyMangoTea

Currently sitting in the very middle of the main hall with a song book covering my phone during the special talk, hahaha.

I just looked over my shoulder, and the second hall has a number of elderly people in it, so I guess the attendants either don't care or don't want to tell off senior citizens from sitting there.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

It's definitely a means to control people. I know for a fact that the bruz would close the back school at our hall because, "people wouldn't pay attention to the meeting back there." There was one MS in particular that would be a real stickler about it, even telling Elders not to sit back there.

• kairos
    kairos

The sign should read:
    "DF'd and future DF'd only"

Now that I think about it, I was coming in latte and leaving right after the prayer just before I made my final exit. ( staged my exit from the back hall )

This is likely not a new tactic, fade from the main auditorium, then the back hall... Then, "where'd he go? Oh well?"

The elders must know this process, as they are seeing it everywhere and are trying to knock down the first step towards our freedom. Very ugly.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It won't be long before they start putting restrictions on the use of the 'phone-in' feature for those who opt to stay home but for whatever reason have a need to phone in to listen to the meetings.

The phone-in component was meant for bed-ridden, sick and the elderly. But many if not most JWs are abusing this provision as well because attending the Kingdom Hall is becoming a nuisance and bore; so they too are staying home, shopping or doing something of more importance and just calling in.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

They used to have a chair blocking the door to our second school. Some took issue with it, moving the chair and entering anyway. Especially those with small children, that didnt want to have to go and sit in the bathroom everytime their little one got antsy. Someone complained that thier donations pay for the hall like everyone else. After a couple of weeks the chair blocking the door was gone.

As previous posters stated, it all about control. It is probably one or two brothers forcing this issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit