Watchtower LOSES copyright court case - humiliated!

by BoogerMan 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The org has been exposed for abusing DMCA laws to hunt down and punish anonymous faders/JW's.

https://pubcit.typepad.com/clpblog/2022/05/watch-tower-drops-its-effort-to-identify-a-dissident-blogger-based-on-spurious-copyright-claims.html

If you talk to a JW, tell them how wisely the "faithful slave is looking after the masters belongings." (Matt. 24:45)

They spend ten$ of thou$ands of donations on lawyers to get revenge on those who publicly expose them.

Maybe they've now learned a lesson!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    During the hearing, Watch Tower’s counsel made the outrageous statement that Watch Tower’s litigation strategies were confined by a lack of “significant funds,” and that its approach to the litigation was guided by “significant economic motivations." (bottom of page 18 of the transcript). Because Watch Tower’s 990T forms are publicly available as required by law, it is a matter of public knowledge that Watch Tower has more than a billion dollars in assets. Watch Tower is fortunate that it never made this representation about limited resources in a signed document.

An interesting read, the source appears to be a Consumer Advocate blog. The wording is a bit slanted in favor of McFree, but seems factual.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

"Litigation guided by significant economic motivations "

As always, follow the money. Im not sure how free material makes money.

Even some honest PIMIs can laugh at themselves.

Postings here are entertaining

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A century of convincing themselves that past court victories were due to God's backing, and a vindictive streak that's been there just as long couldn't help but inevitably lead to what the Catholics call "hubris".

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, we wish Kevin McFree well !

So glad it worked out.

”Kevin” mate, your you tube videos were so insightful, we knew just where you were coming from.

It took an extraordinary amount of effort to produce just one episode but please know that it was worth it. You done good, mate!

• SadElder
    SadElder

Interesting article appeared here.

https://torrentfreak.com/watch-towers-dmca-warfare-collapses-after-big-guns-defend-apostate-220516/

How much money have they wasted on this frivolous type of thing? As they are fond of saying "make wise use of dedicated funds".

The dub rank and file has no clue the extent of the waste of their money.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

To Kevin McFree:

Congrats on the court case, and I have to say that watching your Lego videos was absolutely one of the best things about being an ex-JW!

I hope you will post more videos at some point in the future, and I wish you all the best going forward.

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

I hope he starts making more Dubtown. That was a very funny bunch of videos he has.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I hope Kevin McFree makes a Dubtown episode about this case - none of it is copyrighted to the Watchtower.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is a sample of Kevin's creativity

https://youtu.be/cCJUfs96KGA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit