What is Critical Thinking? (Not the distorted view the society teaches)

by stuckinarut2 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLPL5p0fMg

This great video explains what Critical Thinking really is, and why it is a skill all humans need to employ in daily life.

The expression had been distorted by the society to something that is negative or wrong, yet that is far from the case....

• under the radar
    under the radar

Excellent video!

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Good job pointing to the solution.

Developing critical thinking skills enables a person to see through all cons and those who seek to control us.

This can happen in religion, business, politics, family, you name it...

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

But my brother if you teach people how to think critically it will damage the faith of the friends who will not be equipped to detect - BS - Foolish Nonsense - False Arguments - Circular Logic - and recognized false predictions for what they are!

How sad would that be and how sad would the great dog jehober would be.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, "critical thinking" does not mean "negative" thinking, nor does it mean "to critisize", rather it means to "analyse".

So perhaps "analytical thinking" is the term we should use so witnesses are not scared off....

The society has demonised the term "critical thinking" in the minds of all witnesses...

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    stuckinarut2 Yes, "critical thinking" does not mean "negative" thinking, nor does it mean "to critisize", rather it means to "analyse".So perhaps "analytical thinking" is the term we should use so witnesses are not scared off.... The society has demonised the term "critical thinking" in the minds of all witnesses...

Another term sometimes helps, but if it means disagreeing with JW orthodoxy it is still not allowed.

I've known many so-called 'mature' brothers, in good standing, to have their own private ideas, often justified as, " I think that one day YHWH will adjust out thinking ....... ."

I recall a well-known brother in the Aussie branch who told me that in the NEW System, YHWH would teach us to communicate with each other through thought (telepathy).

It was only when someone starting talking too much or teaching publically that the sh*t started to hit the fan. (that was my experience - maybe it was different in other places.)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Kid letter to God from the Steve Harvey show.

Mark: "Dear God are you really invisible or just hiding because you don't

like your clothes". This kid is on his way in critical thinking.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Thank you for pointing to that YouTube video. I am currently putting another Study together and I have been concerned at the response many will have to it, should I complete it and release it.

However, I gained comfort with the thought that there are people prepared to indulge in critical thinking, who are prepared to challenge themselves, so I shall continue working on it.

-------

I find it disappointing to read the Watchtower denigrating "Higher Criticism". But even more so, I find it interesting that people do not understand what the expression means and how it relates to the other forms of Criticism.

The Watchtower does not want people to think. They demand absolute and total loyalty - a totalitarian rue - regardless of what it says, because that is subject to change.

Doug

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Critical thinking = Homeless Governing Buddies

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The phrase "critical thinking" notwithstanding, I've pretty much lost count of how many terms the Org has redefined or demonized to suit their purposes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit