My D.I.L.was informed by her mother ,her father died this morning.

by smiddy3 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My lovely D.I.L. heard of her fathers passing this morning.Both her parents and siblings have shunned her for over 22 years.

About 1 week ago her mother notified her by e-mail that her father had cancer and was not expected to live much longer.Of course they had known for a long time that he had terminal cancer.

Last week my D.I.L. did ring her father and spoke with him.

The only other time they contacted my D.I.L. previously was to tell her, her grandmother whom she had a good relationship with had died .

She has never been DF nor has her husband my son, ever been DF ,they just decided the religion was not for them hence the shunning .

And they both could tell stories about her siblings leading double lives .

These people have no natural affection and are just so cold blooded.

As a JW i could never see me acting the same way they have.Words fail me .

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I'm sorry for her lose.

Words should fail you. You are 100% correct they are cold and quite frankly evil.

• minimus
    minimus

So sad and unnecessary!!! My condolences

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Sorry Smiddy, it sounds like a sad, but familiar situation with the family shunning.

With the covid19 rules around funeral attendance, this might save some awkwardness at a KH funeral with family. I don’t mean to sound callous, but I have anxiety at the thought of attending a KH for a JW relatives service, and I have a few.

Someone on my partners side passed recently, late 80’s, we both actually had massive relief when we realised there would be no service at a JW hall that we’d feel obliged to attend, might sound incredibly heartless, but I’d imagine lots of ex JWs could relate.
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It is common. Jehovah's Witnesses are void of virtually all human affection for those that do not worship their idol.

The cult has a mechanical almost robotic effect on most of the members.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I hate to do that by phone. if possible I akways want to go in person. Depends on distance.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks for the condolences friends, there is no way she could attend the funeral if she wanted to as the state of NSW separates them .

I`m proud of my D.I.L. as she puts her own health on the line as a pharmacy assistant every day.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Smiddy, your D.I.L. can hold her head up high, whereas her family members should hang theirs in shame! So much for the JW's perverse thinking of "necessary business."

The only way that their evil thinking & actions will hit them between the eyes is if they ever muster the courage to critically examine the WTBTS and "pull back the curtain" on the org.

• Biahi
    Biahi

This shunning goes TOO FAR and is evil. Sorry to your daughter in law , Smiddy.

• carla
    carla

Wishing your daughter in law peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit