I turned 38 Feb 16th!

by Joliette 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I can't believe it. It doesnt even seem real. My mother told me that the world would gone by the time I was 25.

I'm gonna feel so old being in my 40s.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

38...well boo - hoo for you (😜). It could be worse. I was told I’d never graduate from high school but I did back in the year 1975. Then they said my son who just turned 39 would never graduate from high school but he did in the year 2000. We spent today with my 89 year old JW mother in law who Pioneered for 40 years and has been in assisted living with dementia for the past 5 years. Even so, I’m selfishly glad they were so wrong because I disregarded their advice about preparing for a future in this system and retired early with a pension and IRAs etc and tomorrow is our 40th anniversary and we’re going to spend it with our 3 grandchildren who are the best thing that ever happened. Don’t worry about the JWs and what could have been. Focus on what you’re grateful for and what you want for the future.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thanks Pete.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

In 43. i was told I would never have children. I have two and my wife and I try for a third. The fact is that my parents joined JWs together (My father was raised a JW but lapsed in the 1950s) and I was raised a child in the 80's then in the 90s and young adult in the 00s with no reality in my life. Only in 2010 di I start researching. In 2001 I made a big brake (right after my marriage actually) it's taken 9 year to extract myself for JWs and it took covid to finalize it mostly. I'm faded but not dfed or daed.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thousands of kids my age never thought they would see their teenage years because the world was ending in 1975. The WT hasn't changed getting people to fear (their version of) God killing everyone who doesn't accept the Governing Body as the true rulers of the world. It is a dangerous death cult. Beware.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Joliette, if it makes you feel any better, my youngest kid is older than you !

Actually 40, when you get there, is not so bad, you can still act like a Teenager and get away with it. Now I am well in to my 70's I get berated because my sense of humour is no more mature or sophisticated than that of a 12 year old kid ! I still laugh at Fart Jokes ! Also I get very pissed (drunk) sometimes, but, what the hell ?

I can be sensible and mature when I am 6ft under, in between, whatever age you are this applies : "Life is for Living, for Loving, for Laughing and for Enjoying."

• carla
    carla

A very happy belated birthday!

You could think of it this way, if the average life span of a woman is say, 80 yrs old, you haven't even reached half way yet! You may have at times felt like that first half was wasted with being a jw and all. So now how are you going to spend the next 40? You have learned what you don't want in your life now you have a chance to go find what you do want.

Wishing you all the best

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thanks for the wishes. I never got to celebrate my bday growing up but I celebrate it now.

• Magnum
    Magnum

38 will seem really young when you get into your sixties (where I am). I, too, was told that I would never graduate from high school. I was also told that the end would come before I could get a driver's license. Damn false prophets! Happy birthday!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I'm 39 and having the time of my life!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit