• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Conversation goes like this:

#1 Great convention yeah?

#2 Best ever!

Insert sounds of crickets chirping.

• millie210
    millie210

It took me years to figure out the warm wonderful feeling I had after a convention was really relief that it was over!

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Far away from the "dangerous diversity"of the world their conventions allow the JWs to swim safely in WT sectarian waters and to enjoy their overwhelming uniformity.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    I was once told I didn't post enough "spiritual" stuff by a family member because I never put a single picture up at a convention or out in recruiting work. Witnesses constantly having to prove to each other they aren't "falling out of the truth"...

Completely agree 100%. I refuse to pose for, or post, any photos at the RC or CA. I've been asked more than once why I haven't been to the RC yet, simply because I hadn't posted anything online.

I also refuse to wear a convention badge. When I've been challenged on it, my response is: "did you forget my name, or that I'm in your congregation?" "No." "Not a problem then!"

• honest
    honest

Because it is such a bore they have to embellish it to make it sound like a fabulous party. If you repeat it you might believe it. "It was the best ever convention" play that on repeat and you'll end believing your own Bs.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I sometimes wish JWs did rave at their conventions.

It would certainly be interesting if DOs and other speakers took a few pills before getting onto the stage.

Aciiid!!! (and the emoji even look like those little happy acid faces of the 80s - fantastic!)

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Some great comments on here.

It's all about reinforcing the expected response over and over again. The reality is everyone is doing it, how many actually really, really, really think it was the #bestconventionever?

Like respectful_observer I take zero pictures of any JW activity. I also never like or respond to them on social media, especially the fecking stupid big JW.ORG things people do like writing it in 3m high letters in the sand. F....wits.

I also don't wear a badge. I love r_c's response. I will try and use that next time my lack of a badge attracts comment.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Usually, if someone has to keep telling themselves and others that something is "amazing", it is usually proof that it actually is not amazing at all... It is attempted self convincing....

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I refuse to pose for, or post, any photos at the RC or CA. I've been asked more than once why I haven't been to the RC yet, simply because I hadn't posted anything online.

Yep, same here.

isn't that just awesome...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's also to establish "bona-fides" for the benefit of any loyalist enforcers elders listening in on the conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit