Jehovah will clean his house first...

by tor1500 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah doesn't like false prophets or false teachers, so this organization was never chosen by god in the first place, its says so in the bible.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah will clean his house first...

Wait until he finds out what Watchtower was using it for..

Image result for angry godImage result for stinky outhouse

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I don't know how someone can rationalize "God" and this type of policy:

June 1, 1998 TO ALL TRAVELING OVERSEERS

Former Child Abusers Who Move: The March 14, 1997, letter to bodies of elders, page 2, paragraph 3, gives the following direction regarding a former child molester who moves:

"The secretary should write on behalf of the elders to the new congregation's body of elders and outline this publisher's background and what the elders in the old congregation have been doing to assist him."

Please note an exception to this direction: The elders may have written to the branch office and given full details about a former child abuser who is currently serving as an elder or ministerial servant. In such a case, if the branch office has decided that he can continue serving in a position of trust because the sin occurred many years ago and because he has lived an exemplary life since then, it will not be necessary to pass on information about the brother's past sin if he moves to another congregation. Please have the elders make note of this clarification during your visits.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    A common refrain is, if you corner a JW into admitting there is a problem, is "Well, Jehovah knows what is going on. If he allows it to happen, he must have a reason beyond our understanding. He will clear it up in his own time. Meanwhile, we just have to be loyal."

Yea pretty much!! This is usually that last ditch excuse a JW will resort to, once backed into a corner. This is the same thing as saying "Yeah the organization is wrong, but Jehovah is still ok with it", which is of course intellectual dishonesty. Otherwise why wouldn't Jellohoba also be ok with all the other religions?
    If there was truly one true religion, Jellohoba would make it so obvious that it was flawless, that no human would be able to deny this. Why is it so hard for the creator of the entire universe to simply convince some pesky human that a religion is approved by him?
  • tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Excellent comments and all true. I used to smile when they would say that, because they really were thinking they were saying something that was so noble....like, JW's thought why should they bother with such frivolous thoughts of child abuse...not such a big deal, Jehovah will deal with it...

As many of you said JW's when backed into a corner will say Jehovah will take care of it in his own time. What else can they say.

Also mentioned here is that many don't see anything wrong until something offends them...Lets' face it most folks are selfish, don't care about nothing unless it involves them. Some even said they were the same when they were witnesses...I think we all see when we are not being empathetic but prefer to play is safe...it's called your conscience....

At times people complain about something that may seem trivial to one while in the org...I feel sometimes it's no big deal, but I have to remember it may be a big deal to them...this has nothing to do with being a witness...this has to do with just being a decent human being.

Many of the witnesses know but won't admit what they know because they are comfy where they are. They claim to have found the truth...if they were truly truth seekers they would have left the org. a while ago...

Why do many stay....their future is secure...all the fear they had of dying...all tied up in a few scriptures that say they are coming back, whew....

As many of you know, most JW's think the org. sticks to the bible more than any other religion...but they are just as flawless as the other religions...

You are so right, if the JW's were chosen by God, it would be obvious...

There is a song written a while ago, that kind of describes how some folks/JW's are, by English Beat....it's about a selfish man in a relationship with more than one woman, but he is having his cake and eating it too...he is hurting people but doesn't care....so this line in the song I never forgot, because it was so profound and shows how people really think and how selfish they can be..."I admit that I ruined 3 lives but I DID NOT CARE UNTIL I FOUND OUT ONE OF THEM (LIVES) WAS MINE"...this is folks...nothing bothers them until it BOTHERS THEM...why should they care, it didn't happen to them...just yet.

I began this topic only because I always heard that Jehovah chose the WT org. and not any other religion...so since the other religion was exposed first...I was just thinking that, that other religion was his mouth piece, since he didn't clean/expose the org. first.

Tor

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"The elders may have written to the branch office and given full details about a former child abuser who is currently serving as an elder or ministerial servant. In such a case, if the branch office has decided that he can continue serving in a position of trust because the sin occurred many years ago and because he has lived an exemplary life since then, it will not be necessary to pass on information about the brother's past sin if he moves to another congregation."

This is disgusting. If I move to another congregation, a letter is written to the new BOE about everything about you. NOW, if a elder moves and he has committed the crime of child molestation (notice WT calls it a sin), it is not mentioned to the new congregation. The legal ramifications to this is incredible. If I am a publisher and this new Elder slips up and touches my kid, do you think I am going to be pissed that I was not warned there is a child molester in our midst? I would also hire an attorney and sue the crap out of WT. This is the stuff that is getting WT in so much trouble and will continue to do so.

Wow...just Wow. Thank you wifi for pointing this out.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

"...lived an exemplary life since... [the last time he abused a child]."

Exemplary life: Regular at meetings, doing the minimum or more hours of field service, shaves.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I think clarification is in order.

It is incorrect to say "Jehovah will clean up his house first..."

It would be correct to say, instead, that "Jesus will clean up the Jehovahz houses"

In other words, when Jesus comes, He'll clean it up all right, with fire.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Biblexaminer,

That's great....I think I'll use it...when they say that, I'll say, well that's Jesus's Job to clean up his father's house...and like he said he'll do it with fire....

Brilliant...

This forum is awesome.... if the majority of people that are on this site or were on this site and were witnesses....now that's awesome, because there are wonderful writers and humanitarians here..

There is hope...lurkers...go to other sites that talk about witnesses....they can't all be apostates or liars.

Tor

• flipper
    flipper

If their was a God - or "Jehovah " - he would have cleaned out the WT leaders long ago-the governing body and those leading that corrupt organization. I think the judicial system , police, and government authorities will have to clean house for God. He's either sleeping on the job - or does not exist to do the job correctly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit