Jehovah will clean his house first...

by tor1500 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

With all the stuff going on in the org. that is not being said, many of the friends say, well, Jehovah will clean his house first....with all this religious hiding of child abuse...what denomination was exposed/cleaned first...although they were forced they were exposed and many still go to these places of worship. So are the JW really God's chosen channel. He didn't clean his house (JW) first...it was another one of his houses...can you guess which one ?

I'm just saying...

I Believe in God and all places of worship are his houses....they are need cleaning..

Thought ?

Tor

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

JWs will say things like that to validate remaining in the cult. As if their god somehow has chosen them.

I don't believe in god/s anymore. However, people are free to believe what they want as long as they do no harm to others......which seems like something religion refuses to avoid.

It's the secular authorities that are cleaning up house in many cases. EG. ARC. The same secular authorities weird cults like the Jobos say are the tools of the devil. (Don't believe in him either).

Anyway, not getting heavy on the god thing...but to make my point.......cults will see the vile things their cult does and to give them an excuse to stay in their chosen cult will try to bring god into the equation. this way they can convince themselves they have the right deity and the right cult.

All rather silly, really!

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Like a person staying in an abusive relationship and saying it's God's will. Umm, Good point never thought of it as secular authorities are cleaning up house....and doesn't the bible say that God has put these authorities in place....

People are free to believe what they want but they don't have the right to impose on others ....to each his own...

Religion is all about control and domination...but it's really supposed to be about caring for one another that was to be the result of religion, not rules but love...

I would love to have the nerve to say to one of the friends...if this is Jehovah's org. why was the other religion exposed ?

Tor

• sir82
    sir82

A common refrain is, if you corner a JW into admitting there is a problem, is "Well, Jehovah knows what is going on. If he allows it to happen, he must have a reason beyond our understanding. He will clear it up in his own time. Meanwhile, we just have to be loyal."

It's a tough nut to crack. True believers will always find a way to continue believing.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jehovah will clean his house first - Jehovah's 'house' is so dirty it is a positive health hazard.

In a sane world, a demolition crew would be sent in.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There is one thing I observed over the years regarding this comment. If abuse and bad things are happening to OTHERS, God will eventually take care of it. You know "wait on Jehovah." BUT (big but here)! If it happens to THEM, well that is another story.

A close friend of ours was removed as an Elder. You would have thought his entire world collapsed. OMG, the things we heard about what they did to HIM. He was eventually put back in. We got into a discussion with him about DF'ing. He shrugged it of that..."everyone that is DF'd thinks they have been wronged." Ahh...no big deal, it wasn't happening to HIM. BUT, when it was happening to him, everyone must listen to how HE was wronged! That is when these ones shrug it off as..."no big deal, let Jah take care of it." It's always interesting to see when the shoe is on the other foot, how it is not so easily shrugged off.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

ToesUp, you are describing the way I was too. I went for years making excuses for all the red flags that began popping up right from the start. As long as the shunning and misery didn't affect me directly I just ignored, where I should have taken a stand and objected.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi Tor:

I remember the phrase about Jehovah cleaning house being used and wondered exactly who it referred to. I suspected it was talking about the leadership.

I also remember the phrase about waiting on Jehovah. Well, what if He took 400 years like back in bible times? I don't think anybody's going to stick around for that.

Regarding the phrase about being in subjection to secular authorities: isn't the religion ALSO supposed to be in subjection too?? I don't get the feeling they think they are, especially when you read about the child abuse scandals and their attitude about the whole thing! It's very public now, with ads and commercials on TV.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

If it's not his house, there's no reason for him to clean it. When it gets dirty enough, sensible ones will get out of it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

many of the friends say, well, Jehovah will clean his house first.

A bit off topic, but that's kinda like the line we use if pressed on why we're inactive. We're just "waiting on Jehovah" to clean things up. Be assured that we know he will in His own time!! We're just being patient and not being presumptuous by taking things in our own hands or talking negatively to anyone. Blah blah blah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit