Hello

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hello and welcome WFWR!

The WT is quite cruel when it comes to those who are out, by choice or otherwise. It all about punishing, the old testament sort...everyone must be punished for one thing or another.

Good luck with your correspondence and look forward to hearing more about it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of the indiscriminate harm and grief this organization has created over the years was caused by its stern shunning policy which brought on the breaking up of millions of families, this is even more apparent today.

Some individuals have been driven so far as to commit suicide out this cruel and apathetically enforced doctrine.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Welcome WFWR... if you write to the GB and then post those letters here, won't they know who you are on this site? If you don't care then go for it.
  • MaxTan
    MaxTan
    Welcome, and remember, if you use your own identity when writing them, next thing you know there will be two elders from your congregation at your doorstep.
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Welcome WFWR! So happy to have you and please don't stop posting :) good luck on your endeavors in writing to the GB. I for one have simply been contemplating sending them glitter bombs every so often!!
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Welcome! I hope you can affect some change for the sake of my family still in.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome. I wish you the best of luck with your letter writing, but I suspect the best case result is that nothing happens. The WT corporation requires that you provide your name and congregation in any correspondence, otherwise that won't respond and, I suspect, won't bother reading it. This means that any sustained letter writing in which you are unrelentingly critical of any of their policies or doctrine is almost certainly going to result in your being disfellowshipped for apostasy.

I hope you win, and wish you the best of luck, but I fear this is too risky for you than it's worth.

• oppostate
    oppostate

If you want a letter to be read by those who open the mail at Bethel.

Don't make it a complaint against their doctrines.

Instead think of the funniest jokes you can put together about the Governing Body and their policies.

e.g.

"Governing Body members during Branch visits. They're are like pigeons: they fly in, shit all over us and fly out"

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Welcome

I sent several letters to Bethel.

The innocent ones they might answer you.

When criticizing them or suggesting reform they either don't answer or tell the CO to answer you directly or through the elders.

Then you are on their radar as someone who has doubts. They will try to readjust you. If that doesn't work over a period of time they leave you alone if you are lucky or they disfellowship you for apostasy (thats what they did in my case).

• sir82
    sir82

I will be periodically actively writing to the Governing Body to ask that they change their harmful teachings, policies and rules affecting so many people today.

I'm sure the GB are quivering fear at the thought of it.

Sorry to be snarky, but do you really think anything you write will get to the GB?

Letters are opened by peons who are taking a break from toilet-scrubbing duties. Any and all letters critical of the GB or its policies are immediately thrown into the trash.

Literally thousands of critical letters have been mailed to Bethel.....how many policies have changed as a result?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit